CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

I love this.

I wanted this last year.  Honestly, things might have turned out a bit differently if they had signed him last year when they had the chance.

No, not playoffs, but you know what I mean.  That debacle in the first 2 games was gross.

I would have paid him 5-6 last year and when (Cleveland?) got him for 4 I was P.O.'d.  An easy amount for a guy they liked.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

Wow!  For those that don't remember, without Gaines level of play the Bills would have never have made it to the playoffs.   He is a gamer and he thrives in this system.

I thought the Bills were pretty much set at DB but there are now 3 guys who have a legitimate shot at starting opposite side of Tre.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Wow this signing came out of nowhere. Maybe they're not as high on Wallace as I thought. 

or they are signing as many good players as they can.  Guessing they want some more experience in the secondary....White, Gaines, Poyer and Hyde were a great starting 4

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Wow!  For those that don't remember, without Gaines level of play the Bills would have never have made it to the playoffs.   He is a gamer and he thrives in this system.

I thought the Bills were pretty much set at DB but there are now 3 guys who have a legitimate shot at starting opposite side of Tre.

You are only saying that because they were a 8-3 in games he started and 1-4 in games he didn't.

...umm...please keep saying it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Wallace only played the last half of the season. It's smart to make sure there's competition there in case he struggles. I'd love for him to take the starting job and keep it for the foreseeable future, but it's not a guarantee. 

I like the signing a lot. Gaines should be able to come right in and start or be strong depth that can step right in if someone struggles or gets hurt. 

Damn I am loving me some McBeane these days. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1