Beane Coming Up Next on PFT Live on NBCSN

Good long interview, but nothing really new:

Got a lot of positive feedback on his "It really pisses me off" defense of Buffalo.

None of the free agents they talked to said anything negative about Buffalo, whether they landed the player or not.

Morse is a "clear upgrade"

AB negotiations were dead almost 2 days before the Rapoport tweet. Said "We had stalled" talks based upon compensation on AB's side.

Josh did some great things and did some head-scratching things. Injury was a blessing in disguise. The problem is not accuracy; it's decision making. Needs to take the easy throws. His 90-yard TD run in scrimmage was eye-opening.

A lot of their planning is done with the goal of matching up with the Patriots. NE has greatest coach and QB of all time, so they're hard to stop.

NYG called about O'Dell. Beane told them we're focused on FA; circle back later if you don't get another deal done.

Still need to scout each class of QBs in case someone you like falls to mid-rounds. Can be good trade asset.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Got a lot of positive feedback on his "It really pisses me off" defense of Buffalo.

None of the free agents they talked to said anything negative about Buffalo, whether they landed the player or not.

AB negotiations were dead almost 2 days before the Rapoport tweet. Said "We had stalled" talks based upon compensation on AB's side.

Josh did some great things and did some head-scratching things. Injury was a blessing in disguise. The problem is not accuracy; it's decision making. Needs to take the easy throws. His 90-yard TD run in scrimmage was eye-opening.

A lot of their planning is done with the goal of matching up with the Patriots. NE has greatest coach and QB of all time, so they're hard to stop.

NYG called about O'Dell. Beane told them we're focused on FA; circle back later if you don't get another deal done.

Still need to scout each class of QBs in case someone you like falls to mid-rounds. Can be good trade asset.

Job number one! Shades of Polian who always preached winning your division is the first goal of the season. Great to hear this from Beane. 

• Like (+1) 3

Beane is just that dude man... He has what they call, the "it" factor... He may be young but the guy has GM written all over him... I love the way he makes moves to better the team...

Year in and year out we would see GMs making bold moves around the league and seeing how GMs maneuver trades, acquisitions etc. even in movies and TV shows about football. For once it just feels like we have one of those GMs...

I was all in on Beane and was questionable about McD but McD won me over after the comment he made against the brawl with Miami. He said he loved it when our players fought to help their teammate. That statement alone gave McD two more years of coaching without me criticizing him (I probably still will criticize if I see him make bonehead decisions cuz that's just the nature of being a fan but I'm sure you know what I mean)...

Excited for the season and excited to see what Allen can do with a clean pocket...

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Thanks for the summary. Some of the above bolded stuff was new to me. I like it that Beane is open to getting anyone so long as the price is right. Even Odell - looks like Beane was not against it.

Good interview. I'm kind of surprised that Beane doesn't just come out and say that the only reason AB is going off on Buffalo is because we wouldn't pay him. He goes right to the edge and lets the listener connect the dots, except no one in mainstream media appears to have connected the dots. Maybe Beane just doesn't want a circus. 

Also, yes the decision making was a problem but the accuracy was a problem too. It's funny the team continues to push back on that. You'd think they'd want to address the issue head on rather than pretend it doesn't exist. Maybe they are privately.

35 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Good interview. I'm kind of surprised that Beane doesn't just come out and say that the only reason AB is going off on Buffalo is because we wouldn't pay him. He goes right to the edge and lets the listener connect the dots, except no one in mainstream media appears to have connected the dots. Maybe Beane just doesn't want a circus. 

Also, yes the decision making was a problem but the accuracy was a problem too. It's funny the team continues to push back on that. You'd think they'd want to address the issue head on rather than pretend it doesn't exist. Maybe they are privately.

I think it's professionalism, don't talk about people you negotiate with though AB is really pushing the limits for him I'd think.

32 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think we have the front office to have a playoff contender every season. I have complete confidence in Beane. So much so that I am not even worried about the draft. 

Feel the same there lot of players I like in the draft and I lean toward them getting more offensive weapons but I'll trust Beane with whatever direction he takes it.

9 hours ago, VW82 said:

Columnist in local Pittsburgh paper didn't miss it...

https://triblive.com/sports/bills-gm-to-pft-trade-fell-apart-because-of-antonio-brown-not-steelers/