Josh Allen, Sicko Mode !!!

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Poised, FAST, elusive. Let him do his thing and don't worry about the running aspect. 

Poised. He has great pocket presence always looking downfield. Better than many, let alone a rookie.

And I'm all about letting JA running to force the defenses to keep a spy. He's young, he can handle some running hits at his age, and they really never look as dangerous for Josh as in the pocket. Run Josh.. run.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, zevo said:

I honestly see no reason why to harness joshs running...i get the injury point but he sees the seams and will take it when its there...let the kid ball whether it be air or ground.

Usually keeps his eyes downfield as long as he can while escaping from pressure so it is not a panic thing, but if he sees a seam the defense is giving up he does not hesitate.

Have to admit I breathed a sigh of relief when he started to slide more later in the season...and was furious when Kiko still came in with the flying elbow and knee.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, zevo said:

I honestly see no reason why to harness joshs running...i get the injury point but he sees the seams and will take it when its there...let the kid ball whether it be air or ground.

One reason is to keep him from getting injured.   Several of those replays he took hits he didn't need to.   

I assume that the coaches will continue to drill him about getting down.   Brady avoids contact every chance he gets; he does it because he's been told it's more important to have him on the field than to gain whatever extra yards he thinks he can gain by taking a hit.  What Brady does best is does what he's told.  Allen needs some of that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

What I really like watching these replays is his vision.   His eyes are always downfield, he's always looking for a receiver, and when he finds someone, he has the arm to deliver the ball.  

I continue to think that he's going to surprise a lot of NFL fans, even Bills fans, with what he does this season.  

Honestly, that's what I noticed in his very first preseason game, and I've been sold ever since.  On his first drop back I saw poise.  When he drops back, he is immediately focused.  No dear in headlights look to him like we've seen with basically every other Bills QB the past 15 years not named Fitzpatrick.  His head is down and he's working the play.  While he sits there, he never stays still- he chops his feet and points towards each read.  When he makes a decision, the ball is out FAST.  While he moves around, he makes sudden movements, and he runs around a lot, but he never looks panicked.  He actually looks in control.  Like, you get the feeling that if he can't get it done, nobody can.  He just LOOKS like a QB when he plays.  These are things that you can't easily teach.  I think that Josh is going to be special.  Not just because he has the talent and he works hard, but he is a true QB, which means he has a template to fill with all that hard work.

• Like (+1) 2

That play to Ivory against Minny was a thing of beauty. One of his best throws IMO. Love having a QB who can actually throw across his body while on the run and hit a guy coming across the middle. Not many guys can make that play.

1 hour ago, zevo said:

The thing is, too, his injury last year happened while sitting in the pocket.

Hindsight seems to be is that it was a good thing as he needed that time just to step back a bit.

19 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Honestly, that's what I noticed in his very first preseason game, and I've been sold ever since.  On his first drop back I saw poise.  When he drops back, he is immediately focused.  No dear in headlights look to him like we've seen with basically every other Bills QB the past 15 years not named Fitzpatrick.  His head is down and he's working the play.  While he sits there, he never stays still- he chops his feet and points towards each read.  When he makes a decision, the ball is out FAST.  While he moves around, he makes sudden movements, and he runs around a lot, but he never looks panicked.  He actually looks in control.  Like, you get the feeling that if he can't get it done, nobody can.  He just LOOKS like a QB when he plays.  These are things that you can't easily teach.  I think that Josh is going to be special.  Not just because he has the talent and he works hard, but he is a true QB, which means he has a template to fill with all that hard work.

I'm in complete agreement with this.   Like you, I got excited about him in preseason.   

As you say, he just LOOKS like a QB.   And, as you have done, you can break it down in all these little things that he does, in the pocket and outside the pocket.   

I haven't watched Josh video in a few weeks, and see these highlights brings it all back to me.   I'm looking forward to the new season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zevo said:

I agree.  That is who Allen is and it’s how he’s going to have the most success.  Let him run. Let him extend plays to throw.  Build around that while he works on passing from the pocket in rhythm.  

38 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

That is what I referred to as   ----  Peyton Manning's Happy Feet.  

Best throw for me was foster in the Detroit game.. Deep, some touch, spot on.. 

Those are the throws that make me think he can get to elite status. We know he can throw fireballs but to take some off and add touch is a thing of beauty. Great highlight video 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That is what I referred to as   ----  Peyton Manning's Happy Feet.  

Yeah.  I noticed.  Peyton Manning was DEADLY when he was in that zone.  Textbook pocket footwork.  It was a joy to watch him before the neck thing.  He perfectly embodied every aspect of the quarterback position.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Best throw for me was foster in the Detroit game.. Deep, some touch, spot on.. 

Those are the throws that make me think he can get to elite status. We know he can throw fireballs but to take some off and add touch is a thing of beauty. Great highlight video 

One of my favorites was the one in the Patriots game. He had deal with pressure up the middle so he put the ball in his left hand dodged and then managed to get it back in his right to throw it at least 30yds to Zay all in just a moment.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

One of my favorites was the one in the Patriots game. He had deal with pressure up the middle so he put the ball in his left hand dodged and then managed to get it back in his right to throw it at least 30yds to Zay all in just a moment.

Haha I didn't even notice he did that.  There was a time in, I think the preseason?  Where the pocket collapsed on him and he squeaked out the front of it, but as he did, someone got pushed into him and knocked the ball out of his hands, and he just snatched it back and carried on.  I also liked when he escaped the pocket against the dolphins and swam his ball hand over the DT as he juked the guy in front of him.