Bills showing strong interest in Oklahoma G Dru Samia

Anyone who doesn’t start off their scouting report by saying that guard Dru Samia plays with a mean streak has already failed to pinpoint his most dominant trait. He is an alpha who doesn’t back down from anyone. Sure, the entire line plays with that mentality, but Samia is on another level. He is probably the least-heralded guy on the Sooners’ offensive line, but when you turn the film on he stands out, and it starts with his attitude. He plays as if he hates anyone in an opposing jersey and will punish them through the whistle. 

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Use one of our 4 or 5's unless we use them to trade up. Really feel like we'll only draft 7 or maybe 8 players. 

That’s about where I would expect him to go. He’s not position versatile or super athletic which are things that push up Guards. He played a little RT but he’s primarily  a RG - which the Bills  coincidentally really need.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mid to late

Perfect. They had me at 'mean streak'.

I'm no draft/scouting expert, but I also like the sound of "unheralded" until you "turn on the tape".

The following line is all I've ever wanted out of a football player: "He plays as if he hates anyone in an opposing jersey and will punish them through the whistle. "

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Perfect. They had me at 'mean streak'.

I'm no draft/scouting expert, but I also like the sound of "unheralded" until you "turn on the tape".

The following line is all I've ever wanted out of a football player: "He plays as if he hates anyone in an opposing jersey and will punish them through the whistle. "

Yup... That is football. Nuf sed

• Like (+1) 1

I think he goes in the 2nd or 3rd at the end of the day and I would love for him to be one of our picks. 

I almost wonder if this is a smokescreen though because they’re literally exposing that they’re interested in him with every possible opportunity.