Help...I've got too much wood!

Pulled down the deck this weekend (Amherst, NY). Highway department says they do not schedule special pickups and will only take 40-50 lbs per week curbside. The old deck was 230 SQ ft pressure treated lumber so it would take forever to get rid of it that way. 

Can't burn because of stain and chemicals. 

Looking to unload somewhere for free as I struggle morally to pay for something i'm getting rid of.  

Anyone have a similar experience or a woodchuck I could borrow? 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Those chemical engineers back in the 60’s would have never developed something toxic or hazardous to our health....RIP

LoL... I am still a bit skeptical, but you convinced me.

To OP:  Just burn that wood.  And do what we did in Scouts when the campfire smoke got in your eyes.  Say: "I don't like bunnies!" The wind will change and the smoke will blow in somebody else's eyes!  Their problem now!  

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Pulled down the deck this weekend (Amherst, NY). Highway department says they do not schedule special pickups and will only take 40-50 lbs per week curbside. The old deck was 230 SQ ft pressure treated lumber so it would take forever to get rid of it that way. 

Looking to unload somewhere for free as I struggle morally to pay for something i'm getting rid of.  

Is it blind material or did you chainsaw it up?

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

To OP:  Just burn that wood.  And do what we did in Scouts when the campfire smoke got in your eyes.  Say: "I don't like bunnies!" The wind will change and the smoke will blow in somebody else's eyes!  Their problem now!  

Kill Thy Neighbor? 

I think that commandment might have dropped into the teens and lost some important exposure. The first tablet was great, but the others cracked when the donkey stumbled coming back down..... it happens. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Kill Thy Neighbor? 

I think that commandment might have dropped into the teens and lost some important exposure. The first tablet was great, but the others cracked when the donkey stumbled coming back down..... it happens. 

Do you want smoke in your eyes making schmores?  I think NOT!

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No..he shouldn't burn the wood,he would be looking at a 5k fine. Codes are tougher up there in the northern 'burbs because of the Tonawanda Coke closure.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Do you want smoke in your eyes making schmores?  I think NOT!

Possibly build a pen for you newly acquired herd of llamas? Explain to you neighbors that it might be loud for a while, and they might volunteer to take care of your wood for you. Just an idea.  

I don't get the "moral struggle" about paying for removal of something that is toxic.

You would think there's a bigger moral struggle unloaded for free somewhere.

I am a bit confused (yes, more than normal).

Can you even burn rubbish/leaves/etc.. in Amherst?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Possibly build a pen for you newly acquired herd of llamas? Explain to you neighbors that it might be loud for a while, and they might volunteer to take care of your wood for you. Just an idea.  

Ha!  Speaking of llamas... When my sister moved into her Vermont house about 15 years ago... Part of the deal was to watch over the llama previous owners had.  Until, they could move it.

LoL... The thing hated my sister.  I think my sister tried to be nice to it?  Thing would hiss and spit. LoL...

Only in Vermont!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't get the "moral struggle" about paying for removal of something that is toxic.

You would think there's a bigger moral struggle unloaded for free somewhere.

I am a bit confused (yes, more than normal).

Can you even burn rubbish/leaves/etc.. in Amherst?

Ha!  Speaking of llamas... When my sister moved into her Vermont house about 15 years ago... Part of the deal was to watch over the llama previous owners had.  Until, they could move it.

LoL... The thing hated my sister.  I think my sister tried to be nice to it?  Thing would hiss and spit. LoL...

Only in Vermont!

I went to visit my sister in Killington and a herd/flock/mob of wild turkeys big enough to wreck the grill of our minivan chased us out a a parking lot! There was lots of honking and screaming that day! 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Give it the Joe in San Diego treatment and chop it into little bits.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I went to visit my sister in Killington and a herd/flock/mob of wild turkeys big enough to wreck the grill of our minivan chased us out a a parking lot! There was lots of honking and screaming that day! 

My brother drove a coke truck (coal) out of Tonawanda Coke.  I think in W.Pa... He had a wild turkey crash through his window. Landed dead on his passenger seat.  Feathers everywhere!

Oh... I think it's a "troop" of turkeys.  But mob is cool too!  

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Help...I've got too much wood!  

said nobody ever.?

NSFW.  Don't read if you are squeamish:

https://nypost.com/2016/10/17/man-has-penis-removed-after-getting-it-stuck-in-a-bottle/

• Haha (+1) 1