Patriots weak at skill positions

Gronk was the key to NE entire offense.  He was becoming a dominant run blocker.  So they could seamlessly go from run formation to pass formation without much package substitution.  They lived off catching defenses in favorable personal and exploting it til its corrected, then they counter.  Having to formation substitute slows down their offense, not having anyone outside who can win one on one allows you to play them straight up.  2019 stop the run force Brady to drop back and beat you.  

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

It has to end at some point.  Billy is 66.  

They will be gone when Allen is in his prime. 

Yes they will. I see Tom retiring after 2020 and Bill shortly thereafter. We just have to be a little more patient and the division will be ours.

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I've been watching the team with Gronk, Walker, Hogan, Cooks, Amendola etc.  How many of them are left.

Thats my point

Lol before them their was welker, moss, Corey dillon, Hernandez, troy brown. 

Child please. Did you just start watching last year? The common denominator is Brady. He has always made it work.

Lol hogan...  effin Chris Hogan. The dudes trash. Only this fanbase thought he was good. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

The key point in the topic is if the Bills were considering a TE in round 2, the three best will probably be drafted by pick 40.

The FA TE market is now dried up.  There is quality talent left at DT such as Suh and Wilkerson and the X factor of Gerald McCoy in Tampa possibly available in trade due to cap concerns.

To me, it seems that the Bills may alter their plans in the balance of pre-draft FA and may affect their draft plans.

If TE was the intent of your post, why all the other crap? You get rightfully schooled in every thread you make.

”the Bills May alter their plans and May affect their Draft.”

Gripping stuff!

Stop creating inane threads.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Gronk was the key to NE entire offense.  He was becoming a dominant run blocker.  So they could seamlessly go from run formation to pass formation without much package substitution.  They lived off catching defenses in favorable personal and exploting it til its corrected, then they counter.  Having to formation substitute slows down their offense, not having anyone outside who can win one on one allows you to play them straight up.  2019 stop the run force Brady to drop back and beat you.  

He was always a dominant run blocker. No one just becomes a dominant run blocker in their late 20s.

10 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I've been watching the team with Gronk, Walker, Hogan, Cooks, Amendola etc.  How many of them are left.

Thats my point

They will beat you with half the talent you think you have on paper

• Like (+1) 1

As long as Brady and Belichick are there, they will always be the favorites to win the division.  I refuse to let myself believe otherwise, as I've been fooled too many times.

12 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

The key point in the topic is if the Bills were considering a TE in round 2, the three best will probably be drafted by pick 40.

The FA TE market is now dried up.  There is quality talent left at DT such as Suh and Wilkerson and the X factor of Gerald McCoy in Tampa possibly available in trade due to cap concerns.

To me, it seems that the Bills may alter their plans in the balance of pre-draft FA and may affect their draft plans.

This is the big key.  Pat's will be looking for a TE early now for sure.  We need to be prepared to grab one of the top 3 which may require a move back into first. 

The Patriots' roster has been getting weaker and weaker as the years go by.   It's a testament to Belichick's genius and how valuable Brady is to him.   

Belichick will restock and reinvent the team.   Remember it happened when he drafted Gron k and Hernandez.  It will happen again.   It will continue to happen at least until Brady, and maybe not even then.  Belichick will always be near the top competitively, so long as he has a quarterback.  

• Like (+1) 1

it's the patriot way......sustained dynasty

they fill RB & WR with cheap short term deals with veterans......and there's still time for that to happen.

they let highly overpaid veterans walk in free agency in exchange for extra 3rd round comp picks. they have 2 of those this year and likely two next year.

belichick is a master at working the salary cap.

it's no coincidence the roster looks weaker and they keep winning and winning.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The Patriots' roster has been getting weaker and weaker as the years go by.   It's a testament to Belichick's genius and how valuable Brady is to him.   

Belichick will restock and reinvent the team.   Remember it happened when he drafted Gron k and Hernandez.  It will happen again.   It will continue to happen at least until Brady, and maybe not even then.  Belichick will always be near the top competitively, so long as he has a quarterback.  

All this has happened before and will happen again 

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

All this has happened before and will happen again 

Right.

And I continue to think that McDermott is a closet Belichick disciple.   That's why he wanted Daboll to run the offense.  He wants, I'm guessing, Daboll to install a QB-driven offense that builds on itself year after year, with a talented QB improving year after year.   Daboll worked in that system for several years.  

If McDermott can pull it off, we will be entering into another era of Bills greatness.  

• Like (+1) 1