Gronk retired

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He wouldn't have become who he is if he played on a different team.

Hmmm. I think he’d still be a dominant player when healthy, just without all the SB rings. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

His body was clearly breaking down, so what does his wonderful coach do?  Rides him and doubles down on his blocking responsibilities.  They could have gotten another year or two out of him by making some adjustments but instead they take.  I'm glad they did it and to see him go and he's definitely not my kind of person.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I know I'm in the overwhelming minority, but I love Gronk.  Loved watching him play; love his sense of humor.  All in all, the guy played the game the way it was meant to be played and he did it better than most tight ends in the history of the game.

He was great for football and I've enjoyed watching him for the past 9 years.

I wish him well and look forward to seeing him in another capacity.

Well said.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

But we did get Torrel Troup so....

Spiller

Troupe

Carrington

Easley

Wang

Moats

Batten?

Levi Brown

Calloway

Dude, we've had A LOT of bad drafts, but that just may be the worst. It would be really tough to top.

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I know I'm in the overwhelming minority, but I love Gronk.  Loved watching him play; love his sense of humor.  All in all, the guy played the game the way it was meant to be played and he did it better than most tight ends in the history of the game.

I basicly feel the same way. He was a monster of a player. Glad he walked away before they carried him away. Other then his hit on Tre I only hated that he wasnt a Bill

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is exactly the way I felt before his elbow drop on Tre White. Maybe I still would, had he done it to someone on another team. But, as it was, I have no forgiveness in my heart for him.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

He's better than Tony Gonzalez and it isn't particularly close.

I know you hate him because he plays for the pats but a quick stat comparison will tell you all you need.

Stat wise and longevity wise it’s not even close that it’s Gonzalez. 

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.

He took a cheap shot on white.

Really cheap shot.

That's generally why everybody hates him.

That and the pats thing.

It shouldn't define his career or him as a person.

He's a rampaging beast of a man on the field and let his emotions get the better of him.

He's going into the half of Fame, should be first ballot imo.

He's #3-5 all time solely because of the injuries.

I put Tony G and Gates above him definitely, but if he had stayed healthy he'd almost certainly be #1.

• Like (+1) 1