Gronk retired

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

How about this stat: the Cheaters have virtually the same winning percentage with and without the Cretin?

Brady has started for 18 seasons, 9 with Gronk and 9 without. He has 3 rings with Gronk and 3 without. Did he really make them much better or as I said before was it the best coach and QB ever that got them 6 rings.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

How about this stat: the Cheaters have virtually the same winning percentage with and without the Cretin?

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Ok, Gronk caught 397 passes that got a first down, Tony caught 864 passes that netted a first down. Your stat and Tony kills him in another one. Receiving yards for a career Tony ranks 5th, Gronk ranks 104th. He only played in 115 games, not nearly enough to put him in the discussion for best TE ever.

Sorry, gents.  He was the tight end of the most dominant dynasty in NFL history and has the same number of Super Bowl rings as Tony Gonzalez has children.  He led the league in TDs once (entire league; not just tight ends); he was comeback player of the year; and he was a 4 time first-team All Pro (not that Pro Bowl garbage).

I'm not saying he was a better TE than Gonzalez.  I am absolutely saying that he accomplished more and he's a walk-in first ballot Hall of Famer.

You just have sand in your kitties because he wasn't a Bill.  If he was, you'd have loved him.  Just like you should, anyway.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Sorry, gents.  He was the tight end of the most dominant dynasty in NFL history and has the same number of Super Bowl rings as Tony Gonzalez has children.  He led the league in TDs once (entire league; not just tight ends); he was comeback player of the year; and he was a 4 time first-team All Pro (not that Pro Bowl garbage).

I'm not saying he was a better TE than Gonzalez.  I am absolutely saying that he accomplished more and he's a walk-in first ballot Hall of Famer.

You just have sand in your kitties because he wasn't a Bill.  If he was, you'd have loved him.  Just like you should, anyway.

I’m glad he's stepping away, and has apparently been very smart with his money. The guy came in goofy, I’d hate to see him leave TOO goofy. Have a great life! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Yup. All the cheap shots opponents put on him game after game. He was grabbed, tackled, and pummeled on every play. 9 years of abuse and he only let his emotions get the better of him one time...

You don't think that was earned?  Gronk pushed off more than any other player that I can recall to get open, and got away with it.  I'd imagine a lot of defenders knew this and got pissed off.  Gronk has nothing to cry about.  Good riddance to that neanderthal.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Pfft....he played with the best QB ever, for his entire career. Very much like the careers of fellow teammates Wes Welker, Julian Edelman & heck even Deion Branch, Tom made them much better than they would've been elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Yup. All the cheap shots opponents put on him game after game. He was grabbed, tackled, and pummeled on every play. 9 years of abuse and he only let his emotions get the better of him one time...

Get bent

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stony said:

He cheap-shotted Tre, but he'll go down as one of the best three athletes to come out of Buffalo ever.   

Spahn, Gronk & Kane.  Rank em how you want. 

I'd rank Bob Lanier (Bennett High School, St. Bonnie) and Randy Smith (Buff State and NBA Buffalo Braves, who also could have been a professional soccer player) right up there with the best of them. Imho, Randy Smith was one of the greatest athletes ever in any sport

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Absolutely agree Boat, 115 games is not enough and durability was an issue with Gronk after his first 2 years. Like I said before it's like comparing Calvin Johnson(Who played 9 years) & Jerry Rice. Yards per game go to Calvin, but career easily goes to Rice.

Yeah but Rice played before QB's were given skirts, DB's were allowed to interfere and offenses were opened-up. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Sorry Gugs but if your presence doesn't mean jack ***** to your team winning or not...

19 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Ernie Banks must have sucked.

Different sport. Stats are very important in MLB, mostly irrelevant in the NFL other than W-L. I would never try to throw any shade on Ernie Banks... I would say Phil Rizzuto had a better career, but that’s just me, GO YANKEES! :D

4 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I'd rank Bob Lanier (Bennett High School, St. Bonnie) and Randy Smith (Buff State and NBA Buffalo Braves, who also could have been a professional soccer player) right up there with the best of them. Imho, Randy Smith was one of the greatest athletes ever in any sport

Not sure if anyone mentioned Christian Laettner....he would definitely be top 10.

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned Christian Laettner....he would definitely be top 10.

I’d say Laettner was #1 for most in need of a punch in the face. Gronk was #1 for most in need of a kick in the nuts.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Pfft....he played with the best QB ever, for his entire career. Very much like the careers of fellow teammates Wes Welker, Julian Edelman & heck even Deion Branch, Tom made them much better than they would've been elsewhere. 

"But the only players in league history with more touchdown catches before turning 30 are Hall of Famers Randy Moss and Jerry Rice, according to ESPN's Stats & Information research."

**From an article on gronk**

He was a ridiculous tight end.

Great all around blocking and receiving.

He was an great tight end prospect who came with a significant red flag of injury risk.

You act like he was some dumpster diving trash tight end coming out of college.

He was a lock for the first round if he didn't have the serious injury concerns.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

"But the only players in league history with more touchdown catches before turning 30 are Hall of Famers Randy Moss and Jerry Rice, according to ESPN's Stats & Information research."

He was an great tight end prospect who came with a significant red flag of injury risk.

He was a lock for the first round if he didn't have the serious injury concerns.

Thank God we drafted an injury risk free Torell Troup in lieu of Gronk...oh wait...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Moss played in 215 games, Jerry Rice played in 303 games and Gronk played in 115 games. A good part of being in the discussion of an all time great is longevity.

• Like (+1) 1