Gronk retired

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm personally glad Brady is not retiring because I fully believe his decline is going to come fast and furious. He should have walked away on top of the world IMO.

Define "fast"...

This has been posted here annually since 2011.

Patriots have never been the same without Gronk. He always takes their offense to the next level.

I'm very happy to hear he is retiring. You know the pats will be scrambling to replace him.

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm personally glad Brady is not retiring because I fully believe his decline is going to come fast and furious. He should have walked away on top of the world IMO.

is it possible for someones career to end 'fast and furious' after 19 seasons?

As far as walking away on top - he is currently on top and the Patriots have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year. Plenty of ammo to add to their lineup.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Huh?? They had plenty of chances.  No one on the team was interested...

Exactly.  Barry Church had to take care of business in the AFC Championship game by ringing Gronk's bell.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Define "fast"...

This has been posted here annually since 2011.

Haha. I thought of you specifically when I made that prediction. I see it coming THIS season, but only time will tell. You could make the argument that the 2019 playoff run was his MOST impressive considering his velocity was damn near Peterman level bad. I can only surmise that another year will lead to yet another drop; a drop he cannot afford.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

is it possible for someones career to end 'fast and furious' after 19 seasons?

As far as walking away on top - he is currently on top and the Patriots have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year. Plenty of ammo to add to their lineup.

He's the GOAT and I've never once believed the end was nigh. This time is different, but as I said, time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I know I'm in the overwhelming minority, but I love Gronk.  Loved watching him play; love his sense of humor.  All in all, the guy played the game the way it was meant to be played and he did it better than most tight ends in the history of the game.

He was great for football and I've enjoyed watching him for the past 9 years.

I wish him well and look forward to seeing him in another capacity.

Trollin trollin trollin

• Like (+1) 1