Bills 53 offensive line projection

5 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

With so many lineman signed just wondering what everyone thinks will make the final 53 as I believe the draft will be defensive orientated.  Here's my line:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

Teller over Long, needs to keep developing.

And starting rookie Right Tackle.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

BEFORE the draft, BEFORE mini-camp, BEFORE training camp, AND BEFORE any preseason games, we have a thread predicting what the OL will look like?

Apparently. Wild times around here

5 hours ago, Buddo said:

Tbh, I can see Nsekhe beating out Dawkins at LT, but I don't see Dawkins as a RG. LG maybe, but he appeared to struggle a lot more when he was being used at RT. I believe he may be best suited to the left side, even if it is at guard.

You are right. Dawkins has T/G flex not L/R flex. 

Long was terrible last year and has only been average when healthy in recent years. Feliciano has never won a starting job, even in Oakland. I'm very worried if those are our starting G's. I'm not even sure that's as good as Miller and Ducasse. Just because we have new G's doesn't mean they are better. Also, don't believe the other posters who say Teller is terrible. He wasn't all that bad and could have a pretty good sophmore season.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I get a feeling the Bills are going to trade up for Lindstrom with our second selection

Look at the scouting reports on him. I don't watch NCAA anything, but he appears to have no real weaknesses. Heck, even Superman has his kryptonite.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup...long LONG way to go......still have FA $$$ in the cookie jar was well as 10 picks....

and possible trades. Yet another in the long line of unnecessary threads by an attention starved op..

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

It is my opinion that we would lose Teller if he was placed on the practice squad.

Honestly, Teller has not performed to a level where I would be worried losing him...in fact, if he were cut, it would actually make me feel better that the team felt they had an upgrade....imo the only reason he played last year is because the bills had no money to do any better- not because he was worthy of starting.

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Honestly, Teller has not performed to a level where I would be worried losing him...in fact, if he were cut, it would actually make me feel better that the team felt they had an upgrade....imo the only reason he played last year is because the bills had no money to do any better.

He was inconsistent for sure but he also had moments where he dominated, driving defensive lineman several yards down the field.  

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Why do people think Teller is good?  He had a good game in his first start against the Jets but after that he was pedestrian at best

I think you are asking the wrong question Coffin. I wonder why people have completely written of a 5th round rookie after seven NFL starts, under an offensive line coach for whom everyone was awful. People writing this guy off because he isn't Quentin Nelson are nuts. There is a reason one went top ten and one went in the fifth. He is a work in progress who has shown flashes and has more natural talent than any other guard on the roster. In fact, he is more talented than most of the guards in this upcoming draft and is similar in prospect pedigree to message board favorite Chris Lindstrom. The same people who criticize Teller swear that Nsehke is the answer to left tackle. A 34 year old guy with 16 NFL starts, some of which were at guard. Small sample size in both instances. Lunacy becuase neither mean anything. 

I've defended Teller a lot on here and I don't want to rehash all of it, but if anybody who watched him play closely, and has written him off, likely doesn't understand potential and development, and they likely don't understand the nuances of offensive line play. Just my opinion. PFF is not the be all and end all. In fact PFF loved him in college. Do I think he's Zach Martin? No. But I think he has the potential to be a solid starting guard in the NFL if he can find some consistency. The talent and ability are there. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They needed 5 new guys.  Only Dawkins is a probable return from last to start.  The line was terrible.  They added the best center and without paying through the nose brought in guys who all showed flashes of good play when given opportunities.  If they find 2 or 3 out of 4 they are better for it.  Still better than the island of misfit toys the they trotted out last year.

3 hours ago, hemma said:

Jeremiah Sirles started 5 games last year.

I felt a need to contribute.

I was surprised to see that PFF rated him as "average." I thought it would have been something more along the lines of "horrible."

Edited by Rocky Landing