Bills 53 offensive line projection

Other than Morse (who is a clear upgrade) and Dawkins (who needs to play better than last year), it seems like we have a bunch of guys with significant question marks, at least in terms of being potential starting upgrades from last year's o-line.  It will be interesting to see if Nsekhe can be a quality starter at RT given his experience and recent play, but he is older and I don't think we can count on him being the long-term solution at RT.  Long played poorly last season at center for the Jets, but he played with an injury.  Hopefully, he can be an upgrade at guard.  No idea about Feliciano and whether he can become a quality starter.

At a minimum, we currently have more quality depth along the o-line compared to last season's group.  Hopefully, some of the free agents we signed for the o-line can be upgrades.  I still think we will pick a guard and/or tackle in this year's draft in the early rounds.  At this point, I believe that target will be Lindstrom (BC) in the second round if he is available.

Edited by jahnyc

8 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Other than Morse (who is a clear upgrade) and Dawkins (who needs to play better than last year), it seems like we have a bunch of guys with significant question marks, at least in terms of being potential starting upgrades from last year's o-line.  It will be interesting to see if Nsekhe can be a quality starter at RT given his experience and recent play, but he is older and I don't think we can count on him being the long-term solution at RT.  Long played poorly last season at center for the Jets, but he played with an injury.  Hopefully, he can be an upgrade at guard.  No idea about Feliciano and whether he can become a quality starter.

At a minimum, we currently have more quality depth along the o-line compared to last season's group.  Hopefully, some of the free agents we signed for the o-line can be upgrades.  I still think we will pick a guard and/or tackle in this year's draft in the early rounds.  At this point, I believe that target will be Lindstrom (BC) in the second round if he is available.

See I like Lindstrom, but I don't think that his upside or ability is really higher than Wyatt Teller's. I think their prospect level is similar, I just think Lindstrom is a more refined player while Teller is a bit more raw. Their game is similar. I wouldn't mind drafting him in the second, but I don't think you have to becuase that guy is already on your team imo. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Given it seems we have two left tackles and no natural right tackle I think it makes a lot of sense to draft a right tackle early if the value is right.  Interior can wait until the later rounds or even not at all since so many guys are position flexible. Hopefully a couple of the short term guys step up and earn bigger contracts for 2020 and beyond.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I think I wanna see Teller on the practice squad

It won’t happen, not because the Bills wouldn’t like too but because another team would pick him up on waivers before he could get there. 

You have to remember the team liked Ike Boettger and wanted to put him on the practice squad and tried to sneak him in there and the Chiefs grabbed him and he was an UDFA 1st year guy

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I get a feeling the Bills are going to trade up for Lindstrom with our second selection

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Morse heals all of that. He's the glue, the anchor, the master communicator. It didn't matter who came in at guard next to him in KC. It was a revolving door of guys, but he made it work. We are all in for a real treat to watch his guy go to work. 

Having a center does indeed make bringing the line together and communicating better more likely.

Doesn't speed things up all that much, though. Meshing is going to take time.

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Having a center does indeed make bringing the line together and communicating better more likely.

Doesn't speed things up all that much, though. Meshing is going to take time.

Agreed. I am assuming that Bobby Johnson had a big hand in bringing that line together in Indy. And elite guard and a bunch of sort of oft injured misfit pieces came together pretty nicely there. I think it's doable, I just hope they figure out who their top five are quickly. 

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

With so many lineman signed just wondering what everyone thinks will make the final 53 as I believe the draft will be defensive orientated.  Here's my line:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

I think I’ll wait till after the draft.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Final roster protections a few weeks into free agency and well before the draft is silly. 

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing.

don't worry, it'll be april soon and you can remind everyone as you had that "it's still march". oh wait, you declined any suggestions so we'll just be looking for the reminder you're sure to be posting.

Have to believe Beane adds at least 2 more players to mix in FA/Draft.  I see another guard coming and an OT.  Long and Feliciano can back up Morse.  9 on active roster then.

I will guess at those players currently under contract that will be let go - bolded below

Dawkins

Nsekhe

Waddle

Morse

Long

Feliciano

Teller

Boettger - PS target

Ducasse

Sirles

Bodine

McDermott

Edited by freddyjj

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Morse is a definite upgrade. After that, who really knows. Even if Dawkins progresses and the other 3 spots are true upgrades, it's going to be awhile before they gel as a unit.

that's what sucks about rebuilding an O line. and new scheme for some .

Takes time to get the trust and the nuances of the guy next door.
i think this is really tough to predict at this point. some decent competition should make everyone better : )

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Teller would get picked up as soon as he hit the waiver wire.

yep

53 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't worry, it'll be april soon and you can remind everyone as you had that "it's still march". oh wait, you declined any suggestions so we'll just be looking for the reminder you're sure to be posting.

You mean to tell me we’ll be making final roster predictions again next month? Yikes 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Have to believe Beane adds at least 2 more players to mix in FA/Draft.  I see another guard coming and an OT.  Long and Feliciano can back up Morse.  9 on active roster then.

I will guess at those players currently under contract that will be let go - bolded below

Dawkins

Nsekhe

Waddle

Morse

Long

Feliciano

Teller

Boettger - PS target

Ducasse

Sirles

Bodine

This feels like a well educated and properly biased line up.
Well done

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You mean to tell me we’ll be making final roster predictions again next month? Yikes 

I like to be called "pundit"
not sure what it means. but i do like guessing at things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree 'Crispy....no need to rush him.......needs more work to develop...........

He would be picked up within hours.

You losing it,old timer.

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think I wanna see Teller on the practice squad

Are you loaded?

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You losing it,old timer.

...um....well...er...think I've been busted...kid does have some talent and perhaps with a better supporting cast he can progress quicker to the final 53......:thumbsup:....

39 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You losing it,old timer.

Are you loaded?

God forbid a starter goes down, I do not want to put my hopes and prayers for the season into a 2nd year 5th round pick...Teller is not what I would consider solid depth, and I think we can do better, but hey, maybe that’s just me...

Edited by JaCrispy