Bills 53 offensive line projection

With so many lineman signed just wondering what everyone thinks will make the final 53 as I believe the draft will be defensive orientated.  Here's my line:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

16 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

With so many lineman signed just wondering what everyone thinks will make the final 53 as I believe the draft will be defensive orientated.  Here's my line:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

May have a rookie in the mix also. They may very well draft OL, don't know how early but we will have a better idea after the draft of course.

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'd like to see them add Spann, then Teller could be moved to practice squad.

...think perhaps you meant Spain......here's what I posted in another thread about him...eerily all quiet on the Spain front............

.can't find where else he has visited.......wonder how accurate this PFF assessment is and whether it is an impediment......

.."After earning a career-high 84.2 overall grade in 2016, Tennessee Titans guard Quinton Spain has struggled to return to such form. His run-blocking grade has fallen from 80.8 in 2016 to 57.3 in 2018. "..

.."Spain’s pass-blocking grade has been 75.6 or higher all four years of his career; it’s his run blocking that has been up and down. He needs to get back to where he was in 2016 as a run blocker to blossom in the NFL again."...

19 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

Morse is a definite upgrade. After that, who really knows. Even if Dawkins progresses and the other 3 spots are true upgrades, it's going to be awhile before they gel as a unit.

25 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Starters:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Long

C   - Morse

RG - Feliciano

RT - Nesheke

Depth

T  - Waddell

C -  Bodine

G - Teller

Your thoughts

From what I've read, and heard about Nsekhe, if he doesn't make the left side, he won't be a starter.

I think they keep 9 guys, but right now it's too early to say what the final version will look like. 

As I've said before here, I believe in Wyatt Teller and believe he will win the starting left guard job, unless of course we sign Quinton Spain. I do not believe Teller would get through waivers to the practice squad. We lost Ike Boettger for a few weeks, and lost Adam Redmond trying to sneak them through. Teller doesn't get through. 

I though he played well as a starter and his combine numbers are really good. He's super strong, good three cone, broad etc. His arms are longer than most guards (and longer than some of the talked about tackles in this year's draft). Teller can play and people are sleeping on him. He was one of the top defensive line recruits in the country for a reason, and though he has a ton of experience, conversion guys like he and Dion Dawkins are a bit more raw and take a little longer. 

As of right now, and obviously this is very likely to change:

Dawkins

Teller

Morse

Long

Nsekhe

Feliciano

Waddle

Bodine

Sirles

I give the last spot to Sirles becuase he can play all five positions on the line. Though if I were choosing, I'd keep Ike Boettger. Waddle can play guard and tackle. Feliciano can play guard and center. Bodine can play guard and center. I have Long at right guard because I believe that this is his best position and I think he is better than Feliciano, who does not have near the upside of Long or Teller. I think he is the perfect interior backup. I keep Bodine for now, and though he isn't great, I do think he carries some trade value with the lack of competent centers in the league. I think it is important that you have a natural backup center, so you aren't moving Andy Levitre there in the middle of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

LT- Nsekhe

LG- Spain

C- Morse

RG- Dawkins

RT- Waddle

Depth:

Feliciano

Bodine

Long

Teller

Hot take on Dawkins, I know.

Tbh, I can see Nsekhe beating out Dawkins at LT, but I don't see Dawkins as a RG. LG maybe, but he appeared to struggle a lot more when he was being used at RT. I believe he may be best suited to the left side, even if it is at guard.

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

Morse is a definite upgrade. After that, who really knows. Even if Dawkins progresses and the other 3 spots are true upgrades, it's going to be awhile before they gel as a unit.

Hopefully they will start out better than last years group ever played as a group, even if they haven't jelled yet and hopefully they will improve as the year progresses.  I don't know how long it takes an OL to jell but hopefully they can at least be average to start and get better from there.

27 minutes ago, Rico said:

Morse heals all of that. He's the glue, the anchor, the master communicator. It didn't matter who came in at guard next to him in KC. It was a revolving door of guys, but he made it work. We are all in for a real treat to watch his guy go to work. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it's the off season so no harm in making a possible projection.

Final roster protections a few weeks into free agency and well before the draft is silly. 

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

maybe you should just come back in late august if you seem to find these threads not to your liking or standard. 

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing.