Where would Allen be drafted/projected in this draft?

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He was drafted in the first round.

He was a first round QB.

Doesn't mean he was deserving of it, but he, in fact, was a first round QB.

I'm pretty sure that, for the purposes of this discussion/thread, we're talking pre-draft "first round QB," labels.

3 hours ago, HansLanda said:

I tend to think he’d be a top 2 pick and prob first QB? If that is “true” then we have a guy that typically would be top of draft and now with one year of NFL experience. Not a bad place to be at the position. 

First overall Ive read a few places that some had him first last year.  His upside is like nothing Ive seen from a QB.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Easily top 2. Someone (Giants?) would come up to get him at 2 if Murray went one. And the only reason he wouldn’t go 1 is because the Cardinals seem to have a love affair with Murray. 

I dont think they are taking Murray.  They might be discussing it seriously but I dont think they will.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm pretty sure that, for the purposes of this discussion/thread, we're talking pre-draft "first round QB," labels.

You referred to there being "no real first round QBs"

Whether that is a predraft label or not, if they get drafted in the first they are a "real first round QB"

It's not imaginary

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

You referred to there being "no real first round QBs"

Whether that is a predraft label or not, if they get drafted in the first they are a "real first round QB"

It's not imaginary

You are 100% correct.  If a player is drafted in the first round, that player will forever be known as a first round draft pick.

Allow me to direct you toward a key word in the thread title: "Projected."

That's not imaginary, either.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

He's just trolling to see what crap can be stirred on a Bills' forum. Don't feed the troll!

He’s always been this angry back to the BBMB days. I’m serious when I say I think he’s just homeless and posting from an Internet cafe.

• Haha (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You are 100% correct.  If a player is drafted in the first round, that player will forever be known as a first round draft pick.

Allow me to direct you toward a key word in the thread title: "Projected."

That's not imaginary, either.

Except, regardless of the title, your statement about a guy not being a "real first round QB" even when they are drafted in the first round, doesn't infer projection.

17 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He’s always been this angry back to the BBMB days. I’m serious when I say I think he’s just homeless and posting from an Internet cafe.

Fair enough.... we have had our fair share of trolls here. Problem is...  his trolling sounds like an angry man residing in someone's basement. I almost want to start a GoFundMe account for him.

1 hour ago, R Y G A R said:

As junior prospect, probably top 5. As a senior with another year of experience and improving and assuming he didn't have any setbacks, performance wise, I would say #1 imo. 

I think If teams had the benefit of knowing how he would look last season with the Bills, he would go #1 this year no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Can’t change anything so why try and use your brain.  

HE IS A BUFFALO BILL.  

WHY LOOK BACK???? 

He'd go top 10 for sure. Maybe top 5. He displayed his strengths(some of which were far greater than anticipated) and his weaknesses in his first year as a professional. I'm sure there are GM's who'd love his upside and some who still wouldn't be interested. He's the Bills QB so this seems like an exercise in futility. 

6 hours ago, freddyjj said:

At 9 by Bills.  And we would have saved some draft capital versus last year 

Ugh. This is probably right. On the plus side we've already endured his hard to watch transition into the NFL, so this year should be a lot more fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He'd be a day 2 pick. Or I think he'd go to the Ravens with the last pick in the 1st because Lamar Jackson would go much sooner. Rosen would also be a day 2 pick.

Yeah, because the RB playing QB would be taken much higher than him. :rolleyes: :lol: :thumbsup: 

Allen could possibly be the #1 overall selection, but he wouldn't get past the Giants @ #6. He's also still clearly a better prospect than Lamar. 

Some legit draftniks had Allen going first in last year's crew.

I'd say 1st as qb, but Josh will always be a debate there until he tightens up his throwing and proves the skeptics wrong.   That's why i'm convinced Beaner was signing Cole Beasley no matter what the cost, he knows Josh needs a short range/move the chains Edelman type receiver that can get quick separation, and Beasley is one of the best there.

It's why I think he'll take Hock in the event of a trade down too.   Or Irv in the 2nd.