Would the Bills select Josh Allen?

[[Disclaimer - if this has already been discussed my apologies.  Good luck searching the forums for Josh Allen to find the one from Kentucky.]]

So I've been watching some random mock drafts.  One caught my attention as they predicted this year's unexpected drop is going to be Josh Allen based on his tape and limited moves.

Since we are in the dead time between FA and the draft, let's speculate on this scenario.  If he unexpectedly drops, but he's best player available on the Bill's board, I would think of course they select him.  However, for some reason I cringe - a purely emotional response to the prospect.  It would just be bizarre to hear with the 9th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select Josh Allen.  It would feel like a novelty.

So... any chance he's off the Bills board just because of his name?  It's sounds crazy, but it's just a weird situation. 

Edited by napmaster
added word

9 minutes ago, napmaster said:

So... any chance he's off the Bills board just because of his name?  It's sounds crazy, but it's just a weird situation. 

A) If Brandon Beane passed on him because he happens to have the same name as the QB, he should be banished from the league.

B) I believe the Bills would absolutely take him if he were there at 9.

C) He's not going to be there at 9.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Bills, you can be assured, have done their due diligence on the kid.  My assumption is the areas of his game that are lacking have more to do with coaching that is not quite up to par with say Alabama.  I think the Bills would draft him, and I think he would come in and learn from Jerry Hughes and the Bills' coaches, and he'll be just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, napmaster said:

[[Disclaimer - if this has already been discussed my apologies.  Good luck searching the forums for Josh Allen to find the one from Kentucky.]]

So I've been watching some random mock drafts.  One caught my attention as they predicted this year's unexpected drop is going to be Josh Allen based on his tape and limited moves.

Since we are in the dead time between FA and the draft, let's speculate on this scenario.  If he unexpectedly drops, but he's best player available on the Bill's board, I would think of course they select him.  However, for some reason I cringe - a purely emotional response to the prospect.  It would just be bizarre to hear with the 9th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select Josh Allen.  It would feel like a novelty.

If his grade fits the pick and he is BPA they will take him. 

You need to ask yourself a question.  Do you trust McBeane more than the idiots on TV.  I think that last part tells you whos evaluation I would trust.

• Like (+1) 1