Bucky Gleason Breaks Up With Jerry Sullivan...and Sully Has a NEW Column

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, Lurker said:

Circulation:

• Niagara Gazette     10,500 daily and 10,700 Sunday (although they just announced plans to drop the Sunday edition :doh:)
  • Buffalo News          138,900 daily and 204,500 Sunday

In my hometown, we have a free weekly paper.  Circulation is between 27,000 - 30,000.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't care for them as writers but I thought he and Sully made good radio. They were funny, they got much better guests than WGR, and they never did food drafts.

Promo, my good friend, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE has spent many an afternoon yearning for NFL/Bills talk on the radio... only to find Mike Schopp waxing poetic about the virtues of Baby Ruth, or how Butterfinger is a "good value" in the middle rounds of this Candy Bar Draft nonsense. And I know... people will say "But YE OLE... if you don't like it, just tune it out" and quite frankly YE does tune it out on days that are devoted to ridiculous topics such as this. But, with the exception of a few podcasts that several of the folks here have recommended, there is a real demand for decent Bills talk that seems to go unsatisfied. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/23/2019 at 9:17 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can’t believe that one one caught this a few days ago.  I check my podcast feed and notice that what used to be “The Bucky and Sully Show,” is now listed as “The Jerry Sullivan Show.”  Interesting.

So I checked Twitter and came across this: 

I also listened to the last episode of The Bucky and Sully Show.  First the audio quality was terrible.  I think it was a remote connection but it sounded like they had cheap headsets and a bad connection.  It sucked.

Anyway, Bucky quietly announced that he was leaving the show.  He said he worked in journalism for 30 years and there were a lot of things he didn’t like about the industry anymore.  He said he is interested in starting a new career with Catholic Health and would be more bummed if he wasn’t so excited for the new opportunity.  

I know many of you didn’t care for Bucky, but he always told it like it was - even when he said things we as Bills fans didn’t want to hear.  

Id like to congratulate Bucky and wish him the best in his new career. 

And by the way...Jerry Sullivan is back.  The BN can’t dixtate when he retires!  He is with the Niagara Gazette!

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/sullivan-ub-opens-tourney-with-well-deserved-expectations/article_b80c4dd5-4141-5fa6-b2a7-137e82f15dbb.html

I may be in the minority here but I do not wish Bucky well.  He was a giant A hole.  

On 3/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, oldmanfan said:

Is Sullivan semi-retired and the Niagara thing just something to add to his retirement income?  Is he not able to find another position with a bigger paper or on line site?  Some here defended him a lot as being a really good, well respected columnist.  I would think a guy with such supposed talent would have a bigger gig than the Niagara Gazette.

The Amherst Bee wouldn't return his calls