Bucky Gleason Breaks Up With Jerry Sullivan...and Sully Has a NEW Column

29 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

One less bozo out there.  Hopefully, Bucky does a better job with the Church.

Speaking of bozos, what’s Russ Brandon doing these days? Got any scoops, BillyWhiteShoes?

11 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can’t believe that one one caught this a few days ago.  I check my podcast feed and notice that what used to be “The Bucky and Sully Show,” is now listed as “The Jerry Sullivan Show.”  Interesting.

So I checked Twitter and came across this: 

I also listened to the last episode of The Bucky and Sully Show.  First the audio quality was terrible.  I think it was a remote connection but it sounded like they had cheap headsets and a bad connection.  It sucked.

Anyway, Bucky quietly announced that he was leaving the show.  He said he worked in journalism for 30 years and there were a lot of things he didn’t like about the industry anymore.  He said he is interested in starting a new career with Catholic Health and would be more bummed if he wasn’t so excited for the new opportunity.  

I know many of you didn’t care for Bucky, but he always told it like it was - even when he said things we as Bills fans didn’t want to hear.  

Id like to congratulate Bucky and wish him the best in his new career. 

And by the way...Jerry Sullivan is back.  The BN can’t dixtate when he retires!  He is with the Niagara Gazette!

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/sullivan-ub-opens-tourney-with-well-deserved-expectations/article_b80c4dd5-4141-5fa6-b2a7-137e82f15dbb.html

#yawn

Internet, blogging, and talk radio will extend their “careers” but both are low end sports journalists and have no significance outside of WNY. 

Had they been more respected in their field they would have moved on to a bigger market or a national media outlet. 

13 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can’t believe that one one caught this a few days ago.  I check my podcast feed and notice that what used to be “The Bucky and Sully Show,” is now listed as “The Jerry Sullivan Show.”  Interesting.

So I checked Twitter and came across this: 

I also listened to the last episode of The Bucky and Sully Show.  First the audio quality was terrible.  I think it was a remote connection but it sounded like they had cheap headsets and a bad connection.  It sucked.

Anyway, Bucky quietly announced that he was leaving the show.  He said he worked in journalism for 30 years and there were a lot of things he didn’t like about the industry anymore.  He said he is interested in starting a new career with Catholic Health and would be more bummed if he wasn’t so excited for the new opportunity.  

I know many of you didn’t care for Bucky, but he always told it like it was - even when he said things we as Bills fans didn’t want to hear.  

Id like to congratulate Bucky and wish him the best in his new career. 

And by the way...Jerry Sullivan is back.  The BN can’t dixtate when he retires!  He is with the Niagara Gazette!

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/sullivan-ub-opens-tourney-with-well-deserved-expectations/article_b80c4dd5-4141-5fa6-b2a7-137e82f15dbb.html

I'm guessing the big thing is he's not getting paid like he was anymore and maybe see's that these new things he's been doing since leaving BN just aren't getting big enough to make a career out of it.  For Jerry, this is like a  part time retirement gig for him, so likely money doesn't matter very much.  I believe Jerry is over 70 so already collecting SS, his biggest worry is how will he spend all the money he needs to take to satisfy his RMD.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I share some of Bucky's sentiments about the way that the journalism industry has gone. I got out for the same reasons a number of years back. 

Yes, now anyone with a computer and internet connection can claim that they are a journalist. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

because.. i'm free, white and over 21?

I don’t know what this actually means, although I recognize it’s supposed to be some form of snark. My point is that some people are interested in things that others find boring. For those bored by particular topics to intervene in a thread to criticize those who are interested in the topic seems to me both wrong-headed and a waste of people’s time.

• Like (+1) 2

Is Sullivan semi-retired and the Niagara thing just something to add to his retirement income?  Is he not able to find another position with a bigger paper or on line site?  Some here defended him a lot as being a really good, well respected columnist.  I would think a guy with such supposed talent would have a bigger gig than the Niagara Gazette.

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't care for them as writers but I thought he and Sully made good radio. They were funny, they got much better guests than WGR, and they never did food drafts.

Now they still reverted to form once in a while being negatives tools but the good outweighed the bad.

I wonder if they will try to pair Sully with someone? Speaking of, he just started a column in the Niagara Gazette.

Ok so what's the process here?

Do you start subscribing to the Gazette so you can then contact them and threaten to cancel if they don't dump Sully?:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you start subscribing to the Gazette so you can then contact them and threaten to cancel if they don't dump Sully?:thumbsup:

Why are you so obsessed with me?

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I heard about these guys, they call them Media Matters. :doh: