Malcolm Mitchell retires

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

He simply asked you a question. Stop being so thin skinned. Throughout this thread, you have been engaging in the very same behavior you are railing against.

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Ya the guy berating everyone else for "talking tough" from the safety of the internet is tossing the most threats, lul.

Dude has no clue at this points. He just argues to argue when others call him out

Edited by NewEra

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't see how the Pats recover.

Yup.  We've all been waiting for the downfall of the pats.  It's not due to Toms age, it's the loss of Malcolm Mitchell that decided their fate.  Let's go Buffalo

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Wow - 10 surgeries on the same knee. I liked him as a player too.This is why players try to get longer deals, and we as fans need to keep that in mind. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/23/former-patriots-receiver-malcolm-mitchell-retires/

This is also why teams try to get shorter deals and we as fans need to keep that in mind

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Ok? That's still a decent rookie year for a 4th round receiver. And he had a good SB.

He's the 2nd most productive WR they've drafted behind Edelman in about a decade. 

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Wow - 10 surgeries on the same knee. I liked him as a player too.This is why players try to get longer deals, and we as fans need to keep that in mind. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/23/former-patriots-receiver-malcolm-mitchell-retires/

It's not why they try to get longer deals - it's why they try to get guaranteed money in the least amount of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, Billzgobowlin said:

Not sure what that means.  The veteran minimum blows away what most of us earn in 10-15 years of work.  There might be a greater risk of injury but the teams take care of most medical bills and that's not cheap either.

Agreed.  Dude made a million and a half over his brief career.  If he was smart with his money he can use that free degree he got and still do very well in life.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Many JAG receivers have helped them win SB's over the years. 

No doubt. Thats why I dont worry what the roster looks like. Pats will get guys on short cheap contracts and coach them up.

Last years roster was one of the weakest I can remember and they still won the Superbowl.

Edited by Chris66