Malcolm Mitchell retires

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Wow - 10 surgeries on the same knee. I liked him as a player too.This is why players try to get longer deals, and we as fans need to keep that in mind. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/23/former-patriots-receiver-malcolm-mitchell-retires/

Not sure what that means.  The veteran minimum blows away what most of us earn in 10-15 years of work.  There might be a greater risk of injury but the teams take care of most medical bills and that's not cheap either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

4th round pick, with a history of injuries, and helped win them a super bowl. Not exactly a huge disappointment. 

Help them win a Super Bowl? Seriously? 

12 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

4th round pick, with a history of injuries, and helped win them a super bowl. Not exactly a huge disappointment. 

That kind of “glass half full” thinking is really nice. 

The counter argument is that he only played 14 games in the NFL, and that the team (and fan base) had pretty big expectations for him which really never materialized because of injury.  I would certainly classify a 14 game NFL as “disappointing.”

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Exactly.... 

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

That kind of “glass half full” thinking is really nice. 

The counter argument is that he only played 14 games in the NFL, and that the team (and fan base) had pretty big expectations for him which really never materialized because of injury.  I would certainly classify a 14 game NFL as “disappointing.”

Exactly.... 

Risk, benefit. Since you're talking "glass half full" thinking. He had a history of injuries. They hoped he would work out with a 4th round pick. Disappointing, sure. Yes, I'm with you.  A "huge" disappointment with the amount invested and injury history, no.  Which is what I said....Not exactly a huge disappointment.  

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't see how the Pats recover.

Absolutely. That locker room is going to be in shambles with Malcom 'in the middle' Mitchell retiring. This could be one of Belichecks greatest achievements if he's able to keep morale high

20 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Risk, benefit. Since you're talking "glass half full" thinking. He had a history of injuries. They hoped he would work out with a 4th round pick. Disappointing, sure. Yes, I'm with you.  A "huge" disappointment with the amount invested and injury history, no.  Which is what I said....Not exactly a huge disappointment.  

I think your completely wrong 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

As the other poster said, he had 70 yards in the win against the Falcons. So yes, he helped. Had a decent rookie year that year too with 400ish yards and 4 TDs in 14 games.