Drew Lock's pro day went great, top 10 pick buzz grows

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I don’t think it’s ever shocking when a team w/o a QB trades up to draft one.

Really?

I can't remember the last time Miami took a QB in the top 5, which is what they'll have to do to snag a Haskins or Murray before QB needy NYG.

You think a massive trade up with AZ to take Murray wouldn't shock people?  I beg to differ.

This may be the year teams with old QBs pick the next generation.  I suspect they will not move up unless they are sold but I hope at least one will do so.  

NE, NO and SD may be one of those interested.  A team like Detroit may also decide to move on from a good QB rather than keep paying big bucks for no results.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Really?

I can't remember the last time Miami took a QB in the top 5, which is what they'll have to do to snag a Haskins or Murray before QB needy NYG.

You think a massive trade up with AZ to take Murray wouldn't shock people?  I beg to differ.

No, not in the least.

What difference does it make the last time Miami drafted a QB in the top 5?   When was the last time the Bills drafted a QB in the top 10 before last year?  (Answer:  never)

Did that "shock the world"?   No, because the Bills badly needed a QB just like Miami does now.

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No, not in the least.

What difference does it make the last time Miami drafted a QB in the top 5?   When was the last time the Bills drafted a QB in the top 10 before last year?  (Answer:  never)

Did that "shock the world"?   No, because the Bills badly needed a QB just like Miami does now.

Everyone and their mother knew the Bills were taking a QB in '18... OBD pretty much telegraphed that outcome... I think people were very shocked at WHICH Josh got taken.

Still, within the context of many expecting Miami to go full re-build or "tank for Tua in '20"... Miami landing Kyler would be a shocking development.  -JMO.

Edited by #34fan

would be nice if we get a trade

but imagine trading back and the guy who ends up getting picked becomes a future franchise QB like Mahomes. If that happens and Allen doesn't pan out this front office will go down as the worst in Bills history 

On 3/23/2019 at 9:23 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

So much for everyone here that said Lock would not be a Top 10 pick.  I have said that 3 QB’s will be taken on/before the Bills pick at #9 and I stand by it.  I also think there’s a great chance that one of those teams trades up a few spots to #9 to get their QB.  Bills could be a great spot for teams who want a QB

Buzz about top 10 doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going top 10. Everyone could be correct.

I hope he goes top 8, for the obvious reasons.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

You know, it's hard to admit, but I really liked Gabbert coming out. Great arm, super smart. I think he needed to sit on the bench. He wound up playing for like 7 different offensive coordinators in his first 8 years which is nuts. Talk about setting a guy up for failure. But the true is he was too raw and was not developed properly. His trajectory was similar to JP Losman imo. 

I like Lock, but people are going to need to be patient. Same with Haskins. 

No doubt, had a guy like Gabbert been gifted with a Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay, his career could have been totally different. 

Most offensive coordinators don't do enough to play to their talent's strengths, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1