Drew Lock's pro day went great, top 10 pick buzz grows

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/insider/story/_/id/26322249/pro-day-takeaways-why-drew-lock-getting-top-10-nfl-draft-buzz

"With Arizona interested in taking Murray at No. 1, a handful of teams will be interested in trading for Josh Rosen. Then it becomes Haskins versus Lock, and there are teams in the first round that prefer Lock over Haskins right now.

The Missouri QB has met with or has plans to meet with all of the QB-needy franchises, and he has plans to have a second meeting and workout with the Dolphins. With his smaller 9-inch hands, ideally he ends up in a dome or a warmer-weather situation, but I haven't seen any issues with weather on tape.

Lock marries confidence with the ability to relate with his teammates, and teams will like that. Murray has the natural instincts, and Haskins has incredible football intelligence, but teams will feel comfortable with who Lock is and his full résumé. Don't be surprised if you start hearing more top-10 buzz for Lock."

Sounds like Lock tore it up at his pro day.  A lot of scouts now thinking he is going to go in the top 10.  Music to my ears.  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

I think Miami shocks the world and trades up for a top QB.... They got Fitzy for insurance and mentorship, now time for the main course.... I'm thinking Haskins tho..

Have you not heard of the tankng plan seemingly in place in Miami?

This screams Elway.

Raiders take Haskins at 4 with the plan to keep Carr for a year (his dead money falls off a cliff next year, making it very easy for them to move on from him).  Then Elways freaks and trades up to 5 in front of the Giants to get Lock.

If there are QBs to be drafted, QBs will be drafted. 

Realistically in the top 10, Arizona, Oakland, Tampa, New York Giants, and Detroit could all pick a QB. 

If Denver or Miami want in on that action, they would have no reason to deal with Buff and get the 9th pick. If someone leapfrogs in, and takes that 3rd QB off the board, I wouldn't be surprised to see Beane make a deal with one of those listed teams who didn't land a QB to move up--if Buff has their eye on someone in particular. 

All I know for sure is that it's a lot more fun to already have a QB, because no matter what Buffalo does, it's going to be a guy that can come on the field and produce out the gates.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Realistically in the top 10, Arizona, Oakland, Tampa, New York Giants, and Detroit could all pick a QB. 

If Denver or Miami want in on that action, they would have no reason to deal with Buff and get the 9th pick. If someone leapfrogs in, and takes that 3rd QB off the board, I wouldn't be surprised to see Beane make a deal with one of those listed teams who didn't land a QB to move up--if Buff has their eye on someone in particular. 

All I know for sure is that it's a lot more fun to already have a QB, because no matter what Buffalo does, it's going to be a guy that can come on the field and produce out the gates.

Bosa

31 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

I could see someone trading with us to get ahead of Denver.  

I could also see Denver trading up one spot with us to prevent someone else from jumping ahead of them and stealing their guy.    If / when Denver calls while we're on the clock, Beane needs to act like there are multiple teams on the line wanting to trade up into the #9 spot forcing Elway's hand.   Flacco is clearly a place holder in Denver and Flacco's contract allows Elway to cut him at any point with no significant cap implications.

Best case scenario for us is that Denver moves up one spot with us to ensure they get their guy giving us their 2nd or 3rd round pick in return and we still get the guy we wanted all along at #10.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I think Miami shocks the world and trades up for a top QB.... They got Fitzy for insurance and mentorship, now time for the main course.... I'm thinking Haskins tho..

I don’t think it’s ever shocking when a team w/o a QB trades up to draft one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So much for everyone here that said Lock would not be a Top 10 pick.  I have said that 3 QB’s will be taken on/before the Bills pick at #9 and I stand by it.  I also think there’s a great chance that one of those teams trades up a few spots to #9 to get their QB.  Bills could be a great spot for teams who want a QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1