New offseason territory and a Draft Would Ya?

Virgil

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

For the first time in a long time, we are going into an offseason with a lot of cash and not a lot of spots to fill. Yes, we can upgrade, but the end result will be the same of having to make some tough choices come camp time.  

I’m taking a lot of signings with a grain of salt because I know they have to win the job. As much as I want them to sign some more guys, it will be tough without a job to guarantee. 

With that being said, here’s my “would ya?”

Are you good with packaging picks to move up a few times in the draft? Instead of picks, what if we only walked away with 4, but it’s a top 5 pick, 2nd, 4th and 7th?  (I’m guessing at trade results). But with the lack of holes, would you be okay sacrificing quantity picks for a home run, ie Josh Allen or Williams?  

I’m going to trust the process, but with such a deep TE draft, I’d be okay with them trying to add an impact defensive player by trading up a bit. 

Thoughts?

Lack of holes???

This team still has plenty of holes to fill before it becomes a playoff team.

Just because they signed a bunch of guys, doesn't mean those guys are going to be any good.

They need a #1 WR, a #1 TE, a young RB, 2 starting OG's, 1 starting OT, 1 pass-rusher, an OLB to replace Alexander, and a #2 CB...plus a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I want a monopoly on Josh Allens.

If they get him, maybe Deuce Allen will develop a huge man-crush following like Josh has already.  Josh earned it. . .hopefully, if he's drafted, Deuce Allen (Josh Allen #2, hence Deuce) will earn it too.  This is Buffalo. . .you can be sub-average in talent, but give your all and love the city and sometimes we can look passed the talent issues.  But Deuce has massive talent.

23 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Lack of holes???

This team still has plenty of holes to fill before it becomes a playoff team.

Just because they signed a bunch of guys, doesn't mean those guys are going to be any good.

They need a #1 WR, a #1 TE, a young RB, 2 starting OG's, 1 starting OT, 1 pass-rusher, an OLB to replace Alexander, and a #2 CB...plus a punter.

It's only the 23rd of March.  At least give it to after the draft to see what happens.

There is still 30+ in cap and 10 picks, not to mention the chance of a trade or two.

1 hour ago, JustWinPlease said:

Yes, there are still some big needs. Don't give too many picks.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

The only thing I don't want to see is a first pick after 9.  I don't see any trade down scenario that would make me happy.  And yes ... I would.  I'd totally be down with making moves to get fewer, but higher quality, picks.

You scream Bosa.