Positional need or BPA in 2019 draft

I've ready that the Brandon Beane believes in using free agency and the draft for BPA.  If all goes right in the draft we hope that the BPA is at a point of positional need.  With that said, here are my choices for BPA who may be available in the draft at positional need based on the current roster:

3 Technique DT

Ed Oliver

Jerry Tillery

Edge Pass Rusher

Montez Sweat

Brian Burns

LB

Devin White

Devin Bush

TE

TJ Hockenson

Noah Fant

Irv Smith

RB

Josh Jacobs

Derrelle Henderson

WR

DK Metcalf

Hakeem Butler

Parris Campbell

The first player in each group could be their with the 9th pick, 2nd or 3rd could be a candidate in a trade down or a pick in a later round.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

I feel like there is some elite DL talent at the top of the draft and that is problably the way we will go. White would be a little big of a luxury pick but would make our LB core elite. 

I feel like WR and RB are really deep into the 3rd/4th round with potential starters. So we will prolly pick one of each in there hopefully and go TE in the second. 

Trade down and draft BPA to fill a need.

Add OT, TE. DT, and Edge rush in the first four rounds. 

Basically copy Indianapolis draft last year. Trade down, acquire more pics, draft a star to fill a need in Quentin Nelson and a DROY LB.

I think the value for TE drops off after the two kids from Iowa. If they stay at 9 and no premium edge rusher is available then I take one of the TEs.

I doubt they take OT in the first round unless they really are contemplating moving Dawkins to OG. Their FA signings suggest Dawkins is staying at OT and they will add an OT in the first few rounds to develop and start in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I've ready that the Brandon Beane believes in using free agency and the draft for BPA.  If all goes right in the draft we hope that the BPA is at a point of positional need.  With that said, here are my choices for BPA who may be available in the draft at positional need based on the current roster:

3 Technique DT

Ed Oliver

Jerry Tillery

Edge Pass Rusher

Montez Sweat

Brian Burns

LB

Devin White

Devin Bush

TE

TJ Hockenson

Noah Fant

Irv Smith

RB

Josh Jacobs

Derrelle Henderson

WR

DK Metcalf

Hakeem Butler

Parris Campbell

The first player in each group could be their with the 9th pick, 2nd or 3rd could be a candidate in a trade down or a pick in a later round.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

BPA.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Trade down and draft BPA to fill a need.

Add OT, TE. DT, and Edge rush in the first four rounds. 

Basically copy Indianapolis draft last year. Trade down, acquire more pics, draft a star to fill a need in Quentin Nelson and a DROY LB.

I think the value for TE drops off after the two kids from Iowa. If they stay at 9 and no premium edge rusher is available then I take one of the TEs.

I doubt they take OT in the first round unless they really are contemplating moving Dawkins to OG. Their FA signings suggest Dawkins is staying at OT and they will add an OT in the first few rounds to develop and start in 2020.

We dont draft for need.