Devin White LSU LB: I’ll be looking for $100 mil in 5 years

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He is a true leader, can play in any situation and would probably put this defense into elite category which would move Edmunds to OLB where he would destroy QB's. I think of Patrick Willis when I watch White play but more athletic.

This would give  us a good way to matchup with the NE short area passing game also.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

If he plays as good as he thinks he'll play, in five years he'll be worth a $100 million contract. In the meantime you'd have him for four years on a rookie deal.

After a new CBA and 5 years a 100 mil might be a bargain. There is going to be more than a few very talented defensive players available at pick 9. 

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The ironic thing is that he is a TOTAL Buffalo guy. Everyone read one article and are calling him a diva. He’s about as blue-collar as they come. He’s the exact opposite of what some of you are saying. I’d love to hear from @CajunBillsBacker on this. Obviously, I follow LSU pretty closet being here but not like him. He’s a season ticket holder and a diehard. 

You called?

You are correct, everything Devin White is as a person absolutely screams process. This is the kinda kid I’d want my daughter to date. He has confidence in himself, what’s wrong with that? He expanded on his comment on Twitter by saying he was joking and he knows he has to work to earn his spot in this league.

He’s leaving LSU as a legend, and probably the best linebacker we’ve had since Michael Brooks in the 80’s, and that’s better than some great ones we’ve had like Trev Faulk, Bradie James, Gabe Northern, etc.

I know one thing, Bills fans would fall in love with the kid from the beginning. I don’t know the probability of the Bills actually selecting him with Edmunds in the middle, but if Beane is serious about taking BPA no matter what, if Devin White is there at 9, you’d be hard pressed trying to find a better player there. He can torpedo through holes to the ball carrier like crazy.

I dream of a linebacker group with White, Edmunds, and Milano. Whether that means sliding Edmunds into Lorenzo’s spot, or starting White there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, End The Drought said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/22/devin-white-ill-be-looking-for-100-million-in-five-years/amp/

For anyone that wants this guy in the 1st. He’s already looking forward to his second contract. CJ Mosley set the market 

next

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Dude hasn’t earned a fricken thing in this league and he’s already proclaiming his greatness? I don’t care how good he is or how good he ends up being, his confidence has crossed the line into arrogance. Looking forward to his “welcome to the NFL” moment. Hopefully, he will be humbled. 

Manziel did the same exact thing, kid needs to lose the diva attitude.

He’s one of the very few players in this draft that I feel are big impact / low bust chance from what I’ve seen. I’d love to see him here but as others have said, it’s unlikely he slips that far.

8 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Manziel did the same exact thing, kid needs to lose the diva attitude.

I’m not trying to call people out but I kind of am. Devin White is arguably the most “process” player in this draft. He is the exact opposite of a diva. It is so weird to me to see such strong statements on a guy from people that literally know nothing about the guy. People read one article and formed an opinion that is 100% wrong. 

If you guys don’t want the guy because he’s a linebacker, fine. If you don’t like his skill set, you are wrong but fine. If you don’t like the character, you are an idiot.

22 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t think they would take him but I dont like this mentality of a player. Plus I think it hurts him saying something like this. He’s basically saying after 5 years you might not have me anymore 

Sports might not be for you then. Believe it or not lots of these kids in the draft would’ve said they were going to be a top pick and making millions 3-4 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to call people out but I kind of am. Devin White is arguably the most “process” player in this draft. He is the exact opposite of a diva. It is so weird to me to see such strong statements on a guy from people that literally know nothing about the guy. People read one article and formed an opinion that is 100% wrong. 

If you guys don’t want the guy because he’s a linebacker, fine. If you don’t like his skill set, you are wrong but fine. If you don’t like the character, you are an idiot.

I doubt he falls to nine. My question is about lb. Don't we normally have two lbs on the field? If you draft White, are you thinking of playing Edmunds at DE as an edge rusher? You're not getting value if Milano, Edmunds and White aren't on the field for most snaps. Outside of that context, White would be a steal if available. I've just concentrated elsewhere for aforementioned reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He will if he stays focuses.  These young guys need to realise if they focus on continuous improvement then they will get paid.

And so far, he’s continuously improved into being the best linebacker in this draft and the type that you compare to the best prospects at his position over the last several years. 

Hes not the dude that’s faking his way through it and just there for the party ala Johnny football 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I doubt he falls to nine. My question is about lb. Don't we normally have two lbs on the field? If you draft White, are you thinking of playing Edmunds at DE as an edge rusher? You're not getting value if Milano, Edmunds and White aren't on the field for most snaps. Outside of that context, White would be a steal if available. I've just concentrated elsewhere for aforementioned reasons.

That’s totally fair. The only thing that I will say is that if you have White, Edmunds (rushing) and Milano you are ridiculously athletic at LB. You can probably afford to keep the LBs on the field for that reason. There are no guys like Brandon Spikes in that group.

• Like (+1) 1