Does Jake Fisher Signing mean the end of Patrick DiMarco

15 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was thinking the Bills may use Jake Fisher as a FB on plays and as a blocking TE based on short yardage and Goal line situations.  If that is the plan then I don't see the need for Patrick DiMarco.

Maybe we get rid of DiMarco, Ducasse and Ivory to get back some cap space.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are "hell yeah". I've felt DiMarco should've been released long ago. If we draft a rb in the mid rounds Ivory is gone. Duc is not even great depth with all the new arrivals. So yes Fisher could activate some movement. 

I like the idea of using one of our later picks on a FB/ HB like Trevon Wesco.  We get cut DiMarco, free $1.1 million in cap space.  It will interesting what Beane does with all those draft picks

For his size, DiMarco is an absolute sledgehammer in the hole when he's on his game.  He's not perfect and doesn't always get the perfect position but when he does it's pretty impressive.  I say this after bashing him myself prior to last season.  For the life of me I could not understand why he kept making the final roster or what they saw in him at Carolina.  But especially for not being the biggest body out there, he can really hit that first block and keep his lane open.  I hated this guy until I started watching his play but I really respect him now.  I don't think his job is in jeopardy at this point.

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2

24 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

For his size, DiMarco is an absolute sledgehammer in the hole when he's on his game.  He's not perfect and doesn't always get the perfect position but when he does it's pretty impressive.  I say this after bashing him myself prior to last season.  For the life of me I could not understand why he kept making the final roster or what they saw in him at Carolina.  But especially for not being the biggest body out there, he can really hit that first block and keep his lane open.  I hated this guy until I started watching his play but I really respect him now.  I don't think his job is in jeopardy at this point.

agree...i think a lot of these comments are made because people didn't pay close attention to his lead blocking. i think all some can remember is him dropping a pass.

28 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

agree...i think a lot of these comments are made because people didn't pay close attention to his lead blocking. i think all some can remember is him dropping a pass.

I can only speak for myself but I have watched the running game since he got here. That “sledgehammer” has resulted in a lower YPC for 3 straight years while playing something like 18% of the snaps. He sucks

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can only speak for myself but I have watched the running game since he got here. That “sledgehammer” has resulted in a lower YPC for 3 straight years while playing something like 18% of the snaps. He sucks

I thought after I mentioned the 18% offensive snap count I would double-check it.

It was 15.9%.

19 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was thinking the Bills may use Jake Fisher as a FB on plays and as a blocking TE based on short yardage and Goal line situations.  If that is the plan then I don't see the need for Patrick DiMarco.

Maybe we get rid of DiMarco, Ducasse and Ivory to get back some cap space.

Your thoughts?

Patrick DiMarco play should have spelled the end for Patrick DiMarco. 

No way. I don't even see the correlation. Dimarco is a FB and probably most importantly, a captain and leader. But I'd personally like to see Josh take over as O captain with Shady still. It looks like McD  keeps it to 2 Offensive and Defensive captains and up to 2 ST captains. Like to see Allen takeover for Dimarco, Hyde replace Kyle and Roberts replace Taiwan along with Shady , Lorax and Hau$ch

Edited by JerseyBills

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Interesting observation.  I was not paying attention to the YPC on the plays that I watched just DiMarco's role just how he did his job.  Can you confirm that the lower YPC was a direct result of DiMarco's poor play?   I'm not saying you're wrong but there are so many other factors that can affect that stat regardless of his presence on the field.  For example, defenses would naturally play the run when they saw him in the backfield vs a single-back set so if him being involved also correlates to a stacked box for the defense, that can't really be DiMarco's fault (other than karma I guess).    Again, I definitely did not keep track of YPC numbers when I watched.  I just wanted to observe his play individually to see what it was he was bringing to the table and what the coaches saw but I could not.

Also interesting how divisive a fullback can be to us fans but that's definitely a result of us needing so many improvements for so many years now that we're really demanding better players in each and every spot.

We should have cloned Sam Gash.  Does he have any sons following in his shoes?

The question is not completely ridiculous as Fisher did line up in the backfield as a blocker for Cincinnati on occasion.  I don't think it's likely to happen, but I also don't think that DiMarco is the dominant blocking fullback he was reputed to be when he came to the Bills.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:30 AM, JerseyBills said:

No way. I don't even see the correlation. Dimarco is a FB and probably most importantly, a captain and leader. But I'd personally like to see Josh take over as O captain with Shady still. It looks like McD  keeps it to 2 Offensive and Defensive captains and up to 2 ST captains. Like to see Allen takeover for Dimarco, Hyde replace Kyle and Roberts replace Taiwan along with Shady , Lorax and Hau$ch

...better question may be has DiMarco been used effectively as an integral part of the running game or a spot after thought?....who knows how the FB position integrates with the overall offensive concept?.....probably should start there as it appears to be undefined IMO....