Report: It is universally believed among NFL execs that Kyler Murray will be drafted #1 by Arizona

10 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Truthfully I miss the pure idiotic commentary from DD. It usually was fun watching his troll jobs and how people would take the bait. I am guessing those that listened to him bought a LOT of corn fields in Batavia though.

Let's be honest he brought the classic "high level business meeting" line to this board.  He would make it in the TBD Hall of Fame as Contributor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd be shocked if a lot of teams hadn't enquired about him. Especially if they want a third and maybe a late round draft pick as well. From what I saw of him last year I thought he has the potential to be really good. I also think he has the kind of attitude that this set back in his career won't wreck his confidence.

To be honest I think in the long run last year's first round crop of QBs is going to be one for the ages.

I think Rosen stays in Arizona.  I don't think that there's much of a market for a former first round QB whose original team wants to get rid of him after his rookie season.   Teams give first round draft picks lots more leeway than they do other picks.  A team wanting to bail on their last season's first round pick labels him "BUST!", and I can't see any other team being interested in him much less giving up anything for him. 

It doesn’t really hurt the cardinals to hold onto him. They would probably be better off hanging onto him into the preseason and maybe even the beginning of the regular season. Keep leaking out “how good Rosen looks” and how hard he’s working... Then wait for a starting qb to get hurt or struggle somewhere and let that team over pay.

• Like (+1) 1

It's always been weird to me that teams without an established franchise QB don't draft MULTIPLE QBs high and have legit competitions for the starting job. If it's the most important position in sports, and you don't have a good one, why wouldn't you take as many high swings as possible until you do?

Cards should keep Rosen, draft Murray at 1, let them compete for the starting job, and let whoever loses either be a backup on a cheap deal, or trade away said player AFTER you're already pretty sure the other guy is the franchise.

• Like (+1) 2

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

---------------------------------

14 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Dude he was asked, other than Washington, where do you think Rosen could wind up?

Albright responds: "I would suggest the Chargers as a more likely destination for Rosen. ...IF he were to be moved."

That's a long cry from "Rosen to Chargers is on its way"

Edit ya title please

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I think Rosen stays in Arizona.  I don't think that there's much of a market for a former first round QB whose original team wants to get rid of him after his rookie season.   Teams give first round draft picks lots more leeway than they do other picks.  A team wanting to bail on their last season's first round pick labels him "BUST!", and I can't see any other team being interested in him much less giving up anything for him. 

A different regime, a different system, and different needs from their signal caller. They surely aren't going to get a #1 in return, but I can see them getting a 2nd or a package of two or three mid-round picks. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wouldn’t have to sit in Miami and shouldn’t have to sit in NY.

Wait! Are you sugegsting they should hurt poor little Eli’s feelings? Oh my! The HORROR! 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

---------------------------------

Dude he was asked, other than Washington, where do you think Rosen could wind up?

Albright responds: "I would suggest the Chargers as a more likely destination for Rosen. ...IF he were to be moved."

That's a long cry from "Rosen to Chargers is on its way"

Edit ya title please

It's edited - didn't have a chance to hop back on after the initial tweets. Also the title wasn't "Rosen to Chargers is on its way", you left out "Albright seems to be saying" which makes it read a bit different. In any event he walked it back after I posted it.

Additionally, this is what is seen on the world of twitter:

image.thumb.png.cbc39af5fd66fb2c299cdfcb0ed9c55b.png

Which is a retweet from March 4, 2019,  which asked the question you are referring to:

It is now March 23, dude...that's a long cry from saying it was a recent tweet he was responding to, especially with his choice of emojis...

Edited by Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Because he was giving his personal opinion (so stated) not reporting on info.

No

Albright has been remarkably on point all offseason with his predictions. He has upped his sources game tremendously

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Albright has been remarkably on point all offseason with his predictions. He has upped his sources game tremendously

I always ask...."who is the team with the biggest benefit to leak this and why?" It is (imo) obvious that the Cardinals are leaking this info to drive up Rosen's bargaining stature. I still say he ends up with the NY Giants.

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

A different regime, a different system, and different needs from their signal caller. They surely aren't going to get a #1 in return, but I can see them getting a 2nd or a package of two or three mid-round picks. 

Just because Arizona wants to get rid of Rosen -- and I'm not convinced that that's actually true -- that doesn't mean that any NFL team will give anything for him or be willing to take on his salary when experienced back ups who can impersonate competent NFL QBs for at least a few games (Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Griffin, Tannehill, Taylor) can be had for less.   Rosen is NOT a Jimmy Garoppolo who had 3 or 4 years of experience as a backup with a handful of starts in which he looked pretty good sitting behind an established future HOFer.  He's a former first round pick who had an unimpressive rookie season on a terrible team.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

It depends on what the other teams in the league think of Rosen.  A team that had a high grade on him coming out of UCLA may still think a lot of him & view Arizona's drafting of Murray as a mistake that they can benefit from.  At 1st I though Arizona would get a 1st rounder for Rosen, now I'm thinking more like a 2nd.  

Years ago Brett Favre was a highly rated QB coming out of college who slipped to the 2nd round.  He barely played as a rookie & his coach wanted nothing to do with him.  GB hired a new GM, Ron Wolf, during Favre's rookie year who had a very high rating on Favre coming out of college (He had him as his top player on his entire board and wanted his team at the time, the NYJ, to draft him. The Jets had no #1 pick & Atlanta took Favre 1 pick before the Jets had their 1st pick of the draft in the 2nd round) .  The following off-season, that GM offered Atlanta a #1 for Favre and Atlanta gladly traded him to GB.  GB didn't think he was a bust even though Atlanta's coach did.  It only takes 1 interested team to get value for a former highly drafted pick.  

The other side of this is Brian Brohm.  He was a 2nd rounder who got waived in preseason of his 2nd season.  He cleared waivers, which clearly indicated no team thought enough of him to offer GB anything, as clearly they would have sent out feelers before waiving him.  Eventually, he was put on GB's practice squad, signed with the Bills during the season & flamed out of the league a year later.