The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Meh. The Dems are gonna do what they think is politically expedient. If they get internal polling that impeachment helps, they impeach. If they get internal polling that impeachment hurts, Nancy is gonna get a flak jacket and wear it everywhere because the crazies in the Democratic party will be most unhappy.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

yet we are told that it is the school administrators fault that the education system is faulty. while that may be so, there are an awful lot of bad teachers out there and have been for a number of years. they are just more widespread today.

yet i don't think we can judge him too harshly, as being a second grade teacher, he has had a few of his students accepted into Harvard. :lol: 

Nanker steals my Joe Biden "Villages" song and you steal my Transplant putdown.

See the source image

• Haha (+1) 2

I think there is a good possibility that Mueller's statement today was a desperate effort to avoid testifying before Congress. He knows that he will be asked at what point in time did he come to the conclusion that there was no collusion/conspiracy. If he responds like what has been reported and says the Spring of 2018 then there would be a shitstorm in both political parties and the public in general. On top of that, Mueller's legacy would take a big hit. One might say that his little speech today was his own obstruction of justice even.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Just out of curiosity...while I know most didn't read the Mueller report, did any of you actually listen to what he said today?

If you go back about 7-8 pages, you will see many did.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Just out of curiosity...while I know most didn't read the Mueller report, did any of you actually listen to what he said today?

Yes, I saw a once respected legal mind twist the law to suit his own purposes.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, I saw a once respected legal mind twist the law to suit his own purposes.

You must have been watching highlights of the Bill Barr press conference from a few months ago...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

You must have been watching highlights of the Bill Barr press conference from a few months ago...

He insinuated that he had something on Trump but couldn't charge him because Presidents were immune. Mueller has known without a doubt for at least a year that there was no collusion/conspiracy. All he's done for the last year is play with peripheral characters and stretch things out to see if he could get Trump or his family in perjury traps.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He insinuated that he had something on Trump but couldn't charge him because Presidents were immune. Mueller has known without a doubt for at least a year that there was no collusion/conspiracy. All he's done for the last year is play with peripheral characters and stretch things out to see if he could get Trump or his family in perjury traps.

He does have something on Trump, but, policy (not law) prevented him from making an accusation against President Trump*.  If he insinuated anything, it was that he couldn't come up with a charge of collusion, because the obstruction made that impossible.  Mueller played by the rules, but his biggest blunder was assuming lying Bill Barr would do the same.  

And then, there is the bigger issue. Nobody (other than Trump) seems to doubt Russian interference in the 2016 election. That doesn't bother you at all?  Lumpy won't live forever...

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Dershowitz: Shame on Robert Mueller for exceeding his role

</snip>

Until today, I have defended Mueller against the accusations that he is a partisan. I did not believe that he personally favored either the Democrats or the Republicans, or had a point of view on whether President Trump should be impeached. But I have now changed my mind. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

</snip>

So let me get this straight.

Mueller... the ONLY guy in our country with massive sweeping authority to go back and interview witnesses, look at ALL (or almost all) source material, and investigate what happened over the last 2 years whether the President committed one of 2 crimes (remember that it was the Comet firing and thus the obstructing justice that actually got this investigation going, NOT collusion) gets his report squelched for more than a month by a guy who chose to write up his own "summary" despite those available in the actual report where he basically twists his own narrative to present an innocent President, but in his own report he comes out with SEVERAL instances of potential obstruction of justice, yet states specifically that DOJ guidelines prevented him from indicting a sitting President, the clear premise he was operating under.

And NOW he resigns from DOJ with a 10 minute statement that really doesn't say anything new at all if you've read the report, but instead acknowledges in a more public manner for the widespread illiterate or media junkies of our society... and that makes him partisan????

He said nothing new. But clearly he believed that more of the public needed a different summation of the report than the overtly partisan one that his boss gave... twice.

Too funny. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:42 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

And to be fair - these people shouldn't be faulted. They were only believing the information they were being told to believe by politicians, intelligence officials past and present, and every single major media outlet. They were told lies, day in and day out. That kind of conditioning is tough to overcome. So I don't blame them for believing what they were told... 

... But they should be blamed if they continue to read the same sources, journalists, and voting for the same people who lied to them for two plus years. That's on them, and should be called out. 

Ignorance is truly a choice my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buftex said:

He does have something on Trump, but, policy (not law) prevented him from making an accusation against President Trump*.  If he insinuated anything, it was that he couldn't come up with a charge of collusion, because the obstruction made that impossible.  Mueller played by the rules, but his biggest blunder was assuming lying Bill Barr would do the same.  

And then, there is the bigger issue. Nobody (other than Trump) seems to doubt Russian interference in the 2016 election. That doesn't bother you at all?  Lumpy won't live forever...

Honestly. Go ***** yourself

I'm blocking all these #######s

I'm surrounded by them in Los Angeles, so I don't need to read their nonsense here as well.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's just blatant intellectual dishonesty. 

And he's an educator -- which says all we need to know about his principles.

Don't be a jackass.

I teach English literature. Fiction is more fun to teach than fact and provides more flexibility for critical thinking. It's a lot easier to teach multiple acceptable viewpoints as long as you have the evidence to support and nothing negates what you've said with a poem than something from a history text.

I don't  TOUCH politics in my class and I don't envy Social Studies teachers.

My "principles" as a teacher are for students to be free but thoughtful thinkers who consider multiple viewpoints.

I don't care that I'm not liked here. But go ***** yourself if you think you know what kind of educator I am or what I'm like in the classroom.

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not trying to be -- but calling it intellectually dishonest to jump in and out of conversations without engaging is exactly that. 

And for the record I don't dislike you at all. :beer: 

I didn't respond to the intellectual dishonesty part, did I?

I don't dislike anyone here. It's an Internet Message board... it is what it is. And I choose, on occasion, to meander into the politics portion of the larger sports message board I frequent. I understand the consequences and am secure enough in myself intellectually that I don't need or want to engage every time or even most times I'm engaged.

But I'll say this. I knew I wanted to be an educator when I was in 9th grade. I love my job. I love the classroom. I love my subject matter.

And I'm good at my job. I will NEVER win any teacher of the year awards because, for the most part, today those are all about how above and beyond a teacher will go outside of his/her classroom. That's not me. But I'm damn good at what goes on inside my classroom and I seek to improve every year.

And I find there are a LOT of teachers like me. So saying my principles are a certain way because all educators have this certain principle is ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Meh. The Dems are gonna do what they think is politically expedient. If they get internal polling that impeachment helps, they impeach. If they get internal polling that impeachment hurts, Nancy is gonna get a flak jacket and wear it everywhere because the crazies in the Democratic party will be most unhappy.  

I was about to mention they'll stall and wait for polling.  It definitely puts more pressure on Pelosi.

I wasn't following this that closely and didn't know Mueller actually cited a DOJ policy in his decision not to bring obstruction of justice charges.  I just thought be didn't have enough for a criminal prosecution and said it's up to you Congress.  After listening to him today it seems he strongly implies there is enough evidence to charge the president with obstruction.  

If I'm Pelosi I say there's no way the Senate kicks him out of office so let's not waste our time and focus on beating him in 2020.  Then he won't have the same protections he enjoys as president. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

Russia got a Facebook page

It didn't do diddly

some british dude made up crap about peeing 

Hillary ran with it then lost then kept running with it

Mueller hired Andrew Weismann.  Huge red flag

Even Weismann found no collusion

Shakedowns ensue 

Trump got pissed and ranted about firing Mueller

His advisers tell him "bad idea" so he doesn't.

OBSTRUCTION!

• Like (+1) 3