The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

There is evidence on the obstruction front that Trump did indeed tell some subordinates to do things that could be construed as obstruction.

However, none of them followed through on what he ordered them to do.

Hey you. Go rob a bank and give me the money. 

You. I'm not gonna do that.

Was a crime committed? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

There is evidence on the obstruction front that Trump did indeed tell some subordinates to do things that could be construed as obstruction.

Was a crime committed? 

The obstruction line was fine. In a criminal prosecution against Joe Blow, that question would have gone to a grand jury. The prima facie elements of the crime were all present according to Mueller. But he couldn’t prosecute the president while he’s sitting, as he notes and was so told, so he kicked that to Barr and/or after Trump leaves office. 

Trump won the narrative game and most people here follow that, but Mueller did not paint him flatteringly on obstruction at all. He didn't lie and hinder the investigation. He only actively engaged in misleading country. Not that people would hold him to a standard that would preclude him from doing that. 

I’m glad Barr is not pressing charges for the sake of ‘merica but Trump in some ways avoided some real trouble almost by accident. He should feel luckier more than clean. 

And I can’t say this enough times. It is great that no American colluded according to this. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Was a crime committed? 

if a Republican, yes

Because it's BAIT. 

Because Mueller was never working to "get" Trump, but to expose the bad actors (by letting them expose themselves while their crimes were logged by parallel investigations). 

Now he's daring them to try impeachment. It won't go the way they want it to go though... 

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I stood around waiting for Schiff for an hour... then had to run to a meeting. 

He walked out as I was pulling away. 

CURSES! 

I'm sure you can just run any of a number of his previous press appearances.  His tune never changes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I stood around waiting for Schiff for an hour... then had to run to a meeting. 

He walked out as I was pulling away. 

CURSES! 

Watching a replay of it now. Schiff saying what you would expect.

The video is here.

In response to a question about Kellyanne Conway: "this is someone who has invented alternate facts and apparently she has continued to cling to her alternate facts" ?

?

?

?

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Watching a replay of it now. Schiff saying what you would expect.

The video is here.

In response to a question about Kellyanne Conway: "this is someone who has invented alternate facts and apparently she has continued to cling to her alternate facts" ?

?

?

?

so... the goal posts have now moved from criminality to condemnation. great. good job Adam, time for you to leave the stage now. 

what a joke. 'clearly, these are not traits the american people desire in their President'. regardless, Pencilneck, that is not a matter for investigation. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

The president lied, directed others to lie and mislead, attempted to block the investigation, and only his role as president stopped an obstruction charge. 

But PPP focuses on so much winning. 

Don’t stop believing the fairy tale kids. This was not a good report for Trump. He’s just convinced you it is. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

The president lied, directed others to lie and mislead, attempted to block the investigation, and only his role as president stopped an obstruction charge. 

Don’t stop believing the fairy tale kids. This was not a good report for Trump. He’s just convinced you it is. 

You're going to lose.

3 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

This sounds angry, are you ok?

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The only thing that matters is whether Mueller was able to thoroughly investigate Trump-Russia collusion.  If he was, and he never indicated he wasn't, and found no evidence of it, that's it.  End of story.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only thing that matters is whether Mueller was able to thoroughly investigate Trump-Russia collusion.  If he was, and he never indicated he wasn't, and found no evidence of it, that's it.  End of story.

Now about those FISA warrants...

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

How can there be obstruction when there was no crime? How can there be obstruction when Trump and the WH gave the investigators everything they asked for, interviewed everyone they wanted to?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Now about those FISA warrants...

Again I'm talking about the investigation into whether Trump colluded with Russia.  The hoax that led up to this is next on the docket.

• Like (+1) 1