The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

So Barr has a history of obfuscating about reports. One wonders what conclusions Mueller really reached? 

On Friday the thirteenth October 1989, by happenstance the same day as the “Black Friday” market crash, news leaked of a legal memo authored by William Barr. He was then serving as head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC). It is highly uncommon for any OLC memo to make headlines. This one did because it was issued in “unusual secrecy” and concluded that the FBI could forcibly abduct people in other countries without the consent of the foreign state. The headline also noted the implication of the legal opinion at that moment in time. It appeared to pave the way for abducting Panama’s leader, Gen. Manuel Noriega.

Members of Congress asked to see the full legal opinion. Barr refused, but said he would provide an account that “summarizes the principal conclusions.” Sound familiar? In March 2019, when Attorney General Barr was handed Robert Mueller’s final report, he wrote that he would “summarize the principal conclusions” of the special counsel’s report for the public.

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barrs-playbook-he-misled-congress-when-omitting-parts-of-justice-dept-memo-in-1989/

Going by the crazy I am seeing on Twitter today, if anything, this underplays what will happen tomorrow. They have been calling Barr Putin's puppet, Trump's puppet, accusing Mueller of collusion (oh the irony!), etc. The headlines have already been written and the stories will be "updated" after the report has been read and the salient points will be hidden in paragraph 432. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cinga said:

Yeah!!! I heard the kitchen bus boy speaks Russian too!

"I have never had anything to do with Russia!" 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Going by the crazy I am seeing on Twitter today, if anything, this underplays what will happen tomorrow. They have been calling Barr Putin's puppet, Trump's puppet, accusing Mueller of collusion (oh the irony!), etc. The headlines have already been written and the stories will be "updated" after the report has been read and the salient points will be hidden in paragraph 432. 

It's just a partisan investigation that yielded partisan results! 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And President Trump reportedly is readying an order to declassify five key buckets of documents on alleged FBI abuses.

After Horowitz (and Huber) or before? 

That's a coin flip for me - I don't know the sequence... if it were me, I'd let Horowitz lead then follow with the declass. But that's me.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Going by the crazy I am seeing on Twitter today, if anything, this underplays what will happen tomorrow. <snip>

I wish Barr would release it today so the Democrats/MSM would be scrambling and complaining e.g. "but, but we weren't ready yet."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I wish Barr would release it today so the Democrats/MSM would be scrambling and complaining e.g. "but, but we weren't ready yet."

That would be funny, but you know they already have their stories written.

• Like (+1) 1

John Dowd, President Donald Trump’s former lawyer, is calling the Mueller report “pure mischief” and “not fair,” believing that it will cause undue problems for the President.

“I haven’t read it, but it’s just wholly unnecessary,” he told the Daily Beast. “You just don’t need it. It’s pure mischief.”

“The trouble is, these special counsels inflate themselves, think they’re more important—and they’re not, in the scheme of things, and it ruptures the system of justice and it’s not fair,” he added. “To me, it’s a probe that’s tainted by politics and by hate, and I don’t like it.”

A redacted version of the report — the extent of the information withdrawn is yet to be seen — is slated for release on Thursday.

Does any one really believe the WH didn't get a look at the report? Sure, Trump can't read it but his lawyers probably have.