The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

just a few off the top of my head here...

has ended the US participation of the conflict in Syria. will be ending the US participation in Afghanistan soon. Is the only President to have actively engaged N. Korea in nuclear disarmament/peace talks. is negotiating fair trade deals with many countries, soon to have one with our largest trade partner, China.. has redone NAFTA. despite massive push back, is actively trying to halt illegal immigration (more and more Democrats and even the propaganda press are coming around to admitting he is/was right. getting NATO to pay their fair share of that pact. lowered your taxes thereby putting more money in your pocket. the economy is booming with more jobs than there are people actively looking for work. as a result, wages are increasing, organically. lowest unemployment number for minorities in decades if not ever. what else.... there is more but if you can't acknowledge these accomplishments, you may want to seek professional help in having TDS surgically removed. 

A big problem is that when attempting discussion, people get saddled with all sorts of positions that are not really their own.  I agree with some things Trump is attempting.  Trying to limit endless wars is an excellent goal. 

On the other hand, he has not yet accomplished much that has helped me in any way.

My taxes did not fall this year.  My income is generally fixed so no wage impact

He has accomplished nothing in North Korea.  Been played like the others.

The China trade agreement has done nothing for me.  It may yet or it may not

NAFTA changes have not helped me.  Corporations may eventually see gains.  Not sure

NATO shake-up has not helped me.  Again, weapons producers may benefit but not average Americans

He goosed economy with business tax cut.  That is fading.  Deficits and debt still climbing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

A big problem is that when attempting discussion, people get saddled with all sorts of positions that are not really their own.  I agree with some things Trump is attempting.  Trying to limit endless wars is an excellent goal. 

On the other hand, he has not yet accomplished much that has helped me in any way.

My taxes did not fall this year.  My income is generally fixed so no wage impact

NAFTA changes have not helped me.  Corporations may eventually see gains.  Not sure

NATO shake-up has not helped me.  Again, weapons producers may benefit but not average Americans

He goosed economy with business tax cut.  That is fading.  Deficits and debt still climbing.

Lot's of Me's in there.  Is it all about you Bob??  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Think of the president as the ship's captain in sort of a race against other nations.  Previous presidents wanted to win but they wanted all of us to win - Americans and her traditional allies.  Perhaps it was political skill, but the majority of the people felt we were in it together.  Not today.  Trump constantly demonizes and divides.  He needs to blame someone else when he fails be it Mexicans, or Puerto Ricans, or other foreigners, or Muslims.  As an example, look at his fight on the opioid crisis.  What has he accomplished aside from shifting the perceived blame to immigrants?

Trump wants to win the race too.  He wants to win even if it means we have to cast off a good number of our people and their wishes into life boats so that the remaining can go faster.  If a group or a cause slows our ship (economy), it needs to be cast aside.  Examples are the Paris climate change agreement, CPB destruction, Great Lakes funding, coal love seemingly over environmental concerns, National Park land opening to business, health care cuts (ACA), proposed social security cuts, proposed medicare cuts, proposed medicaid cuts, Saudi love because of weapons contracts, immigration/asylum fiasco, tax cuts for businesses and the wealthy, etc

Please watch the PBS video.  It may better explain the concern many of us have with the relationship

Did you find all your points at a leftist talking points blog?

BTW, Puerto Ricans are not "foreigners".

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Lot's of Me's in there.  Is it all about you Bob??  

That's a giant problem in this country as it relates to voting.  People will sell their votes for a few hundred bucks or not vote for something that might be for the greater good but doesn't benefit "them".  Of course this assumes that people even understand the greater good or use a reasonable value system in their decisions.   

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

i can respect this reply, Bob.

a lot of the accomplishments have not directly affected me either, more so, indirectly. and those indirect effects are greatly appreciated because they are affecting my fellow Americans. they say that a tide raises all boats eventually, so while i may not be an immediate beneficiary of all of his actions, i firmly believe i will in some way in the future to come.

after watching and experiencing 8 years of Obama trying to turn this great country into a 3rd world class society in every and all respects, i have great hope and faith that we are again on the right course to restore who and what we are to the free world. the world would only become much more dangerous if those who seek to destroy her accomplished their nefarious goals.  

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

So, I stayed off for a while because I wanted the real, unvarnished report to come out.

Well, now that Barr, two weeks later, is now grousing about how he won't even release a redacted report after another week it's time for Hard Truth Time

(Citation, because some of the morons here will contradict me: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/politics/william-barr-mueller-report-donald-trump/index.html)

For reference, the Starr report was out on a Friday, and Republicans voted to impeach Clinton on Sunday.

So, Barr has refused to actually provide anything other than his summary of the report. The people who compiled the report actually had given their own summaries, that which didn't have grand jury or redacted information, and they were completely bypassed for Barr's summary. For which he will not release even the redacted version for 3 weeks.

Holy crow, if Hillary had done this for Benghazi, ya'll would have stroked out from fury.

No *****, the Mueller team has been getting pissed off Barr is clearly doing what he can for a coverup while strictly being within the law: 1) release a summary that is technically correct, but is heavily misleading, 2) delay any reveal of actual evidence for as long as possible, 3) hope that the news cycle has moved on by the time when the really damaging stuff comes out. 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok so let's address some of this:

1. You say that Trump blames others when HE fails.  I think he's blaming others when WE as a country fail or more to the point have challenges succeeding.  Please point out a Trump failure that he has  blamed on:

A. Mexicans

B.  Puerto Ricans

C. Muslims

D. Other foreigners

2.   Explain who Trump has "cast off in life boats"? What does that even mean?  All those examples you site were done to help the country and improve the economy not hurt people.  Were people hurt by some of those?  Likely but these are being done or considered, in my opinion and I'm assuming Trump's, for the greater good of the country.  It's how business works and we need to look at this country more as  a business.  The old addition by subtraction.  Cut costs and streamline.  It's how you succeed.  The US has a P&L statement just like any company but it's the most ugly P&L statement ever created in the history of P&L's statements.  Yes, yes I know the US is not a for profit company but damn unless we cut costs we are so screwed.  

I did provide an example.  The opioid crisis remains unaddressed and is now supposedly because 'drugs are pouring over the southern border'.  Certainly much supply is coming in there but the problem of hooking new users belongs squarely here.  Trump has vilified immigrants for this problem.  Demand is what needs to be addressed, imo.  Trump's administration has failed here.

Yes, I agree Trump is all about business succeeding.  While businesses drive our economy and their success is hugely important for all of us, in the minds of many of us, business concerns should not always rise above all other concerns.  Many Americans think that climate change should be a concern, the environment should be a concern, our moral high ground should be a concern, caring for the elderly, refugees, and the less fortunate should be a concern, etc.  'Run like a business', yes to an extent though cutting the dead wood is essentially cutting Americans or their causes that are slowing us down.  This has resulted in many Americans thinking that Trump does not care about them or their wishes.

The president needs to take care of all Americans.  He should cast no Americans overboard in the name of streamlining.

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

So, I stayed off for a while because I wanted the real, unvarnished report to come out.

Well, now that Barr, two weeks later, is now grousing about how he won't even release a redacted report after another week it's time for Hard Truth Time

(Citation, because some of the morons here will contradict me: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/politics/william-barr-mueller-report-donald-trump/index.html)

For reference, the Starr report was out on a Friday, and Republicans voted to impeach Clinton on Sunday.

So, Barr has refused to actually provide anything other than his summary of the report. The people who compiled the report actually had given their own summaries, that which didn't have grand jury or redacted information, and they were completely bypassed for Barr's summary. For which he will not release even the redacted version for 3 weeks.

Holy crow, if Hillary had done this for Benghazi, ya'll would have stroked out from fury.

No *****, the Mueller team has been getting pissed off Barr is clearly doing what he can for a coverup while strictly being within the law: 1) release a summary that is technically correct, but is heavily misleading, 2) delay any reveal of actual evidence for as long as possible, 3) hope that the news cycle has moved on by the time when the really damaging stuff comes out. 

You are wrong.  Each summary provided by the Mueller team had notations on it that clearly claimed that it might have information that would need to be redacted.

When you stay on top of things you know the specifics and don't have to rely on lies perpetrated by bad actors in the media or politics.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You are wrong.  Each summary provided by the Mueller team had notations on it that clearly claimed that it might have information that would need to be redacted.

When you stay on top of things you know the specifics and don't have to rely on lies perpetrated by bad actors in the media or politics.

Ok. Let us say, for the sake of argument, that you are right. Let's drag this out a bit.

Starr report. Out in days. 

Barr "summary": 4 pages on a 300-999 page document: out on March 24th

Redacted version available for the Judiciary committee: ...mid April...maybe? -ish?

Unredacted version given to people with security clearance: According to Barr, never

Unredacted version to the public: Hahahahaha no

so, either Barr did such a supremely piss poor job in rushing out his findings that he wasn't able to properly parse the contents (which Donald Trump has assured us is full exoneration) OR he is participating in a coverup.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Take some time to watch the Barr Congressional testimony today. He points out that he is following the law on SCs put in place during the Clinton presidency. There are ongoing investigations tied to the Mueller report (that Mueller referred for investigation).   The report is legally not allowed to be released without redactions - heck there was someone on the committee today questioning how he could have released the summary in ONLY 48 hours (hint: RR has been a big part of the summary) with more Democrats screeching it is not being released quickly enough (no one is ever happy).  

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you do not know how this information from the Mueller report will be released. Please do educate yourself about the law in this matter.  

19 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

3 weeks is not a long time for us to wait for the redacted report.  That's down to a week now.  The guy is newly in his job and probably has a mountain of work to do not related to the Russia/Mueller investigation.  A few hundred pages need to be reviewed, redacted and likely by people other than just himself.  Given the scrutiny this will be under, taking a little extra time is warranted. 

IMO the President and his lawyers should absolutely be able to read the report before the public.  All involved are subordinates to Trump.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

So you shifted from: "Anyone who doubts there was treasonous collusion between Trump and Putin is a Russian spy or willfully ignorant" to "Barr is covering up the truth". 

:wallbash: 

You've learned nothing from the past two years. Nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Barr wouldn't say whether the White House has seen or will see the report before its release: what does it matter, as President, Trump has the right to view the report before congress if he wants to. he also has the right to view it in all it's glory, also known as unredacted.

Congress will not see the unredacted version of the report: this is in compliance with the law.

Barr wouldn't say Trump is wrong about obstruction: he said/she said crap... really?

Barr had a head start on what was in the Mueller report: most likely, the bottom line conclusions.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, "We're just massively incompetent and/or corrupt, but not criminally liable" is the Trump administration slogan, but how you haven't blown your brains out at how awful they are is a true mystery.

So: Trump/Russian collusion/conspiracy - real or fake? 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

3 weeks is not a long time for us to wait for the redacted report.  That's down to a week now.  The guy is newly in his job and probably has a mountain of work to do not related to the Russia/Mueller investigation.  A few hundred pages need to be reviewed, redacted and likely by people other than just himself.  Given the scrutiny this we be under, taking a little extra time is warranted. 

IMO the President and his lawyers should absolutely be able to read the report before the public.  All involved are subordinates to Trump.

Ok...fair. 

But

1) if that is the case, why the ever loving hell was it a good idea to shout an entirely incomplete report from the rooftops if not to cover for his boss. If anything, it made sense to wait longer to ensure that the conclusions could be backed up, rather than come out with a conclusion that couldn't. Unless, you know...he was going for a coverup?

2) Barr got his job by publishing a memo about how wrongheaded he thought the investigation was. You know, the independent one he was asked to summarize? Where he himself injected his own opinion, while the independent investigator had wanted to have the facts displayed...sounds like...a coverup.

Again, if Hillary did this, ya'll would have stroked out.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ok...fair. 

But

1) if that is the case, why the ever loving hell was it a good idea to shout an entirely incomplete report from the rooftops if not to cover for his boss. If anything, it made sense to wait longer to ensure that the conclusions could be backed up, rather than come out with a conclusion that couldn't. Unless, you know...he was going for a coverup?

2) Barr got his job by publishing a memo about how wrongheaded he thought the investigation was. You know, the independent one he was asked to summarize? Where he himself injected his own opinion, while the independent investigator had wanted to have the facts displayed...sounds like...a coverup.

Again, if Hillary did this, ya'll would have stroked out.

i thought you came out and admitted you were wrong when Barr issued his summary. you backed away from the ledge. don't tell me you have been sucked back in by the same prostitutes that have lied to you repeatedly for the last three years.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

So: Trump/Russian collusion/conspiracy - real or fake? 

That depends: Do I believe that established facts conclude that the Trump campaign had collusion with Russian intelligence assets, and coordination with parties that brought about his election? I think that it's irrefutable at this point.

Is it criminal? I think that exhaustive independent investigation was unable to provide a criminal case. 

Is it shady as *****? Hell yes.

Did the President obstruct justice in trying to hide how shady it was? Well, let's see the report. You know, the one that "totally exonerates" the president, in his own words. Unless he's scared. I would think that it proved him innocent, he wouldn't be so scared. Like a little B word.