Do you think all these signings point to the Bills trading back into the bottom of the first round?

njbuff

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Bills are signing FA's at a record pace for this franchise.

Who would be the target trading back into the bottom of the first round?

Plus these signings mean they really can't keep all 10 picks.

What do you think?

You need to clarify what you mean in the title. It sounds like you are saying trade back with pick number 9, but you really mean trade up with second rounder plus to get back into 1st for a second first rounder.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

You need to clarify what you mean in the title. It sounds like you are saying trade back with pick number 9, but you really mean trade up with second rounder plus to get back into 1st for a second first rounder.

That's exactly what I mean.

• Like (+1) 1

If the opportunity is there, I think they will trade back with pick 9 to get an extra 2d rounder.  Then I think they will use late round picks to move up and try to end up with 3 seconds and 2 thirds, or maybe move up to grab another late first rounder.  I agree that they won't end up drafting 10 players.

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That's exactly what I mean.

I know. But some people respond to the title without reading the posts which is why there are some confused responses.

Your point is very valid by the way. After filling some of the biggest holes, we can think quality over quantity for a change. I really like the way Beane is thinking.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

7 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

I agree, but so are draft predictions...

Which is what the Browns are engaging in.  Although the point isn't drafting guys with 1st round grades: it's drafting great players.  Several to many of those alleged 15 will probably be busts.

Yes.  I can see us trading up to try to move up to get better impact players 

I am not at all concerned if all 10 don’t make the team?   Every year we draft 6-8 players and then we sign a whole bunch of undrafted rookies.  Every year some of the undrafted guys make the 53 or the PS and some of the drafted ones don’t.    

Seems like the undrafted do better than rounds 6 and 7 actually.  

They were going to use the cap space. The signings were to be expected. I suppose if the draft falls a certain way and one of the players acquired fills one particular role, it could potentially affect their approach to the draft.

This just seems like a total reach.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They will be hard-pressed to get Bosa, much less both.

I know lol but a guy can dream...?

I think those two dudes along with Isabella would solidify our O and D for years though...

Eventually sign Joey when he wants to come win a Super Bowl from a trade or FA. Same with Kuechly and Mccaffrey. Might as well go full Panthers up in this @#%$...?

I would trade away our next couple years I would be that confident in a Super Bowl win next 5 years I Guarantee you lol

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't get it?  We can''t keep all 10 picks because of all these signings so we're trading back for more picks?

Disregard my post - I saw the clarification too late. 

Some of the signings will not make the roster imho.

31 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I sure hope they make a selection at 9. This team has lacked high level talent for so long, please don't trade down.

Yeh, so we can draft an EJ Manuel level talent.

With our small sample size of Beane's work in the draft, it will all come down to the specific scenario in play as his pick approaches.  If the players that are left on the board don't have a value that is equivalent to or greater than the number of the pick he is about to make, he will probably try to trade down.  If a he sees a player falling well below his projected value, I believe that he will try to trade up.  If this happens to correspond to a position of need, I think he will react sooner and more decisively to move up more draft slots.  Given the fact that we don't know how the various players are graded on his board and we don't know what the other teams will do, I can't profess to know what Beane will do.  If some team approaches him with a desire to acquire one of his picks and it doesn't conflict with his strategy or the his ability to acquire a desired player, I am confident that he will get the best price for the trade.  I can't wait to see it all play out.

Fans develop attachments to potential draft picks, good GM's like Beane don't.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ER Bombers?....playing for "The Jug"?...LMAO........my current friendships/affiliations in ER date back to the mid 70's...thank God for no email servers in THOSE days....:thumbsup:

Yep . Did not the Bombers wear Browns colors. My mind is not very clear  about those High School Times But  The Little Brown Jug and East Rochester rivalry was for real.
Those were the days my friend : )

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. Nothing points to anything. A team CAN’T trade down without a partner.

Beane has such an attractive smile and casual demeanor. People like him.
 he will get some offers to dance if he wasn't already hinting at the Combine.

no tampering of course

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It makes sense to try and trade back into the later part of the 1st if you are really high on a player, because you get the 5th year option if things pan out.  I could see Beane following a similar train of thought, especially this draft with an abundance of picks and coming off a very active FA period. The draft will be about quality > quantity.

Math currently says YES
blowing up FA like Bills did might have one leaning towards picking     Quality >
and i do
 My historical concern with Bills.

Can they develop College players into NFL players.
Thats is yet to be proven in my mind.

nice darned spot to be in btw Mr Beanes and Co.

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I sure hope they make a selection at 9. This team has lacked high level talent for so long, please don't trade down.

Allen,  Edmunds do not qualify ?

how about T White

42 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

With our small sample size of Beane's work in the draft, it will all come down to the specific scenario in play as his pick approaches.  If the players that are left on the board don't have a value that is equivalent to or greater than the number of the pick he is about to make, he will probably try to trade down.  If a he sees a player falling well below his projected value, I believe that he will try to trade up.  If this happens to correspond to a position of need, I think he will react sooner and more decisively to move up more draft slots.  Given the fact that we don't know how the various players are graded on his board and we don't know what the other teams will do, I can't profess to know what Beane will do.  If some team approaches him with a desire to acquire one of his picks and it doesn't conflict with his strategy or the his ability to acquire a desired player, I am confident that he will get the best price for the trade.  I can't wait to see it all play out.

Fans develop attachments to potential draft picks, good GM's like Beane don't.

Dude abides ^

excellent post

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills are signing FA's at a record pace for this franchise.

Who would be the target trading back into the bottom of the first round?

Plus these signings mean they really can't keep all 10 picks.

What do you think?

A record pace?