Do you think all these signings point to the Bills trading back into the bottom of the first round?

njbuff

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...somebody posted a McBeane quote.....to paraphrase, "we assign a value to a player and that's it".....so if he values someone at 9 or higher, he moves up....if not he moves down to grab an extra 2nd.....perhaps has players graded as 1A, !B or 1C without glaring differences between the "1's".....so if 1A is gone, he takes 1B......same for group designated as 2A, 2B, 2C.......probably dead wrong, but this guy impresses me as highly organized, well planned, methodical and deliberate with a bunch of "what if scenarios" laid out....hell, wouldn't surprise me one bit if her's already sketching out 2020, potential UFA's, possible draft positioning, etc...........

absolutely 

getting fun around here !

• Like (+1) 2

I only care about getting quality players. I don’t really give a flip about how many picks overall they have to do it in. Keeping all 10 picks will make it very hard for all ten to make the roster. So my guess is they package some to move up in the mid-rounds. Only a guess.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I only care about getting quality players. I don’t really give a flip about how many picks overall they have to do it in. Keeping all 10 picks will make it very hard for all ten to make the roster. So my guess is they package some to move up in the mid-rounds. Only a guess.

my thinking.

the sweet spot is in the second and early third , and late first.
 easier to work deals considering the points system ,and high quality players available.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....TBD football GOD.....just genuflected to you on my screen...........go RED RAIDERS!......:thumbsup:

Our type of senility runs parallel to each other is all. 

But I do enjoy the chats within the threads we seem to have.
What if i told you I was a Bombers fan back in the day? ? : )

Love the Underdog

Go Bills.

thanks OldTime  !

Fun to be a Bills fans these days.

It makes sense to try and trade back into the later part of the 1st if you are really high on a player, because you get the 5th year option if things pan out.  I could see Beane following a similar train of thought, especially this draft with an abundance of picks and coming off a very active FA period. The draft will be about quality > quantity.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Our type of senility runs parallel to each other is all. 

But I do enjoy the chats within the threads we seem to have.
What if i told you I was a Bombers fan back in the day? ? : )

Love the Underdog

Go Bills.

thanks OldTime  !

Fun to be a Bills fans these days.

...ER Bombers?....playing for "The Jug"?...LMAO........my current friendships/affiliations in ER date back to the mid 70's...thank God for no email servers in THOSE days....:thumbsup:

Is it, 2nd round players are contracted for 4 years while 3rd round and beyond it's for 3 years? I wouldn't be surprised for Beane to trade back into the 2nd round if there is a player he likes, kind of like what they did for Zay.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Bills are signing FA's at a record pace for this franchise.

Who would be the target trading back into the bottom of the first round?

Plus these signings mean they really can't keep all 10 picks.

What do you think?

I think that some of the lower FA’s on 1 year deals aren’t going to make the team.