Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

27 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Damn! That's a great deal for the Bills. 

Let's hope Quinton goes out this year and works his tail off for that big long term deal next offseason. 

It's the definition of a "prove it" deal.  If he returns to form, expect Beane to try and extend him.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane isn't playing with the OL - we're signing upside players with a decent floor and still appear to be interviewing every decent OL prospect in the draft. I dunno how many linemen we're carrying into the season, but I'm thinking it's going to wind up being more than we all presume. 

I am floored that this is the sort of deal he received.   I would imagine that he will be playing with a huge chip on his shoulder ready and more motivated about playing good football than any time in his career knowing that there could end up being a big pay day at the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

I am sometimes just bowled over by the fact that certain guys get no interest on the open market. This is one of those times.

What the HELL am I missing about Spain's tape from the last few years? $1.75 million? REALLY?!

I just don't get it.

Just now, Logic said:

I am sometimes just bowled over by the fact that certain guys get no interest on the open market. This is one of those times.

What the HELL am I missing about Spain's tape from the last few years? $1.75 million? REALLY?!

I just don't get it.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something all the teams know about him that isn't public knowledge?

Just doesn't make any sense to me that John Miller gets $16.5 Mil for 3 years and Spain gets $2M??

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I'm starting to wonder if there is something all the teams know about him that isn't public knowledge?

Just doesn't make any sense to me that John Miller gets $16.5 Mil for 3 years and Spain gets $2M??

You're right. I wonder if there are health, dedication, or effort questions that we're not privy to. I mean...he's getting paid PEANUTS for an above average starting guard. I just don't get it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

You're right. I wonder if there are health, dedication, or effort questions that we're not privy to. I mean...he's getting paid PEANUTS for an above average starting guard. I just don't get it.

Even if he’s injured I was expecting more than this. This was a crazy deal if he returns to form. 

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Official on Spotrac. 

Update:  All 70 (+1 exempt) players signed and Beane has $31.3 million in space.

Still plenty for a biggish move.

Not sure there is a big move to be had, maybe Ziggy but I have a feeling his medicals aren't good or why else wouldn't he be signed. I don't think a malecontent like Suh makes sense for the process and I don't see where else they can go to get at least an above average starting player without character issues. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not sure there is a big move to be had, maybe Ziggy but I have a feeling his medicals aren't good or why else wouldn't he be signed. I don't think a malecontent like Suh makes sense for the process and I don't see where else they can go to get at least an above average starting player without character issues. 

Could be the medical with Ziggy but I think the talent in the draft is having an effect too. 

25 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I still think Beane is looking at trades.  A Bills player/Pick for an established player needed to be dumped by a "cash strapped" team.

Could also happen after the draft when teams retool positions vs. cap.

I agree the FA picking are slim now.

35 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I agree that Ziggy may not happen.

I keep hearing that Gerald McCoy of the Bucs is available for trade, but no one is biting on whatever the Bucs are asking. I can't help but wonder what they want in exchange. McCoy is still a darn good player, and adding him to the roster would REALLY allow Beane some draft flexibility.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I agree that Ziggy may not happen.

I keep hearing that Gerald McCoy of the Bucs is available for trade, but no one is biting on whatever the Bucs are asking. I can't help but wonder what they want in exchange. McCoy is still a darn good player, and adding him to the roster would REALLY allow Beane some draft flexibility.

It would.  However, this is a deep draft for DT's.  The time to get one is now.  McCoy is good, but it would be hard to pass up all of the talent at the DT position.  McCoy plays another few years. A drafted DT outlasts that on his first contract, and at a cheaper number too.

Edited by purple haze