Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just to add, I do think Spencer Long will surprise people if we leave him at right guard. He started there at Nebraska for three years and was drafted as a guard. Washington moved him to center out of necessity and he played well and earned a big contract. But I think his upside and fit is at the guard position. I want to see what he can do if you just leave him at guard and take the center responsibilities off of him. He's got some pedigree and started a lot of games in the league and in college. He's my favorite to start at RG opposite Spain.  

I feel like this was the plan with Long, particularly when they acquired Morse.  Long will get the chance to earn the RG position and also serve as the backup C unless another guy shows propensity for that role (or if they keep Bodine).

36 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What did Sammy have in his first two years? And who was throwing to him? Just curious

Sammy was great his first 2 years. He had 125 catches for 2039 yards and 15 TDs. 

18 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Sammy was great his first 2 years. He had 125 catches for 2039 yards and 15 TDs. 

Careful there. Stevie Johnson put up better numbers for 3 straight years and people here thought he was trash and couldn’t get rid of him quick enough. 

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Zay Jones is Josh Reed. He's meh. But what makes things worse for a lot of people, me included is that we gave up draft capital to trade up to get him, and passed on Cooper Kupp and JuJu. Now that's not Zay's fault, but it is what it is. What is his fault is that he doesn't catch the ball. Great receivers like TO had a lot of drops, but he was a gamebreaker. You can't be a meh jag receiver and not be able to catch the ball. Zay is nowhere near Moulds in terms of ability and upside. Zay is a Josh Reed type. 

I have said this it feels like a thousand times, but I'll say it again: When you look at the production of JuJu or Kupp, you need to factor in the offense in which they are playing and the quarterback throwing them the ball. If you inserted Zay Jones into Cooper Kupp's slot spot, between Woods and Watkins/Cooks, I am not certain that he wouldn't produce at the same clip. Smith-Schuster's case is different, but not by much: He was in an extremely high volume passing offense, and was the beneficiary of both catching passes from a Hall of Fame quarterback and of having Antonio Brown on the other side of him. The Rams and Steelers both had top 5 offenses and top 10 QB situations. Again, take Zay Jones away from the Rick Dennison offense and the Taylors, Andersons, and Petermans of the world and put HIM in a high volume passing offense with a high quality QB and lets see how he does.

Until I see Zay Jones get to operate in a legitimate NFL offense with a legitimate NFL QB, I'm not closing the book on him. Even just in the post-Allen-injury portion of last year, Jones posted games of 4/67/2, 5/67/1, and 6/93/2. Let me see him this year with an improved o-line and improved Allen before I'm willing to admit he's Josh Reed.

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

What did Sammy have in his first two years? And who was throwing to him? Just curious

Is there a point you're driving at or do you actually want me to answer this question? If you've got a point, well...Pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just to add, I do think Spencer Long will surprise people if we leave him at right guard. He started there at Nebraska for three years and was drafted as a guard. Washington moved him to center out of necessity and he played well and earned a big contract. But I think his upside and fit is at the guard position. I want to see what he can do if you just leave him at guard and take the center responsibilities off of him. He's got some pedigree and started a lot of games in the league and in college. He's my favorite to start at RG opposite Spain.  

I haven’t read every post in this thread but I’ve read much of it. This post is good but also reminds me that way too many people are forgetting about Waddle. Not sure why I’ve seen so little about him here. 

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

.Is there a point you're driving at or do you actually want me to answer this question? If you've got a point, well...Pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

We had Sammy. All we had to do was not trade him and not draft Zay. Then maybe we could evaluate our young QB without making excuses for his lack of weapons. 

Your point about maybin is interesting. At least Maybin wasn’t a negative by dropping passes. I’ll take a zero over a negative any day.

Aaron Maybin also never embarrassed himself and the franchise with a naked blood video in the off-season. 

I’ll take Aaron Maybin today if it means Zay is cut.

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

We had Sammy. All we had to do was not trade him and not draft Zay. Then maybe we could evaluate our young QB without making excuses for his lack of weapons. 

Your point about maybin is interesting. At least Maybin wasn’t a negative by dropping passes. I’ll take a zero over a negative any day.

Aaron Maybin also never embarrassed himself and the franchise with a naked blood video in the off-season. 

this is unusually stupid.  

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Dude

2 minutes ago, teef said:

this is unusually stupid.  

You took the words right out of my mouth.

And by saying he'd take Maybin over Zay Jones, he inadvertently became the PERFECT example for the "overboard Zay hate" contingent.

Well done.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I'd like to see a link to that......

Just because you got Andre Reed on your show this week, don't mean Zay sucks?

Zay pretty much sucks, for where he was drafted, and the fact they traded up to select him.  That draft selection was a big goof.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

It’s called hyperbole

it's called stupid.  as in, you're stupid for typing it out.

edit:  i'm willing to be you had no idea what hyperbole was until logic mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Edited by teef

Just now, teef said:

it's called stupid.  as in, you're stupid for typing it out.

Nah you’re taking it too seriously. I don’t need to try to insult other posters but if I exaggerate it will be for my hate of Zay Jones. He’s my least favorite player probably of all time after that video. 

16 minutes ago, Chemical said:

He did score 7 TDs and a 2pt conversion.

That's more points scored than Shady, Foster and Benjamin combined.

just saying

• Haha (+1) 1