Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

my comment to my work bud who let me this morning.

any more to that ?
though the fellow might have had some leverage ?

My guess is that he just wanted a prove-it type deal, wherein if he performs well, he can sign for a higher APY next offseason (vs. what was being offered this offseason).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Your post is kind of a perfect example of the undue Zay hate.

You just mentioned Zay Jones in the same breath as Aaron Maybin and EJ Manuel, both of whom were draft busts. Zay Jones is not a bust. He has not yet become an upper echelon NFL WR, that much is clear. But to mention him in the same breath as Aaron Maybin?

Zay Jones has 968 yards and 9 TDs across his first two NFL seasons, catching passes from guys like Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Matt Barkley, and rookie Josh Allen. He had more touchdown receptions last year than AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, Odell Beckham Jr, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, etc.

Just for the sake of comparison, Bills all time great Eric Moulds had 573 yards and 2 TDs in his first two seasons, and he was catching passes from Jim Kelly in year 1.

Zay's no All Pro at this point. But he's far from a bust, and I think he'll be a #2 WR in the NFL for a long time.

I totally agree zay was a beast this year imo I think he has low side #1 potential....3/4 of this board is sleepin on zay

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I can’t help but wonder how much more production there could have been with a more sure handed receiver.

That’s funny. I was thinking about how much more production he could have had if Brokerod wasn’t throwing him the ball his rookie season. 

He he had a pretty solid 2nd season considering he played with 4 QBs. One of them was the worst to ever suit up and another was a rookie who was learning. 

You have to imagine Johnson's interview for O line coach:

Daboll:  What would you do as our O line coach

Johnson:  Replace everyone except maybe Dawkins, because they stink.

Daboll:  I was thinking the exact same thing.

Beane:  Ditto.  Consider it done.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Your post is kind of a perfect example of the undue Zay hate.

You just mentioned Zay Jones in the same breath as Aaron Maybin and EJ Manuel, both of whom were draft busts. Zay Jones is not a bust. He has not yet become an upper echelon NFL WR, that much is clear. But to mention him in the same breath as Aaron Maybin?

Zay Jones has 968 yards and 9 TDs across his first two NFL seasons, catching passes from guys like Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Matt Barkley, and rookie Josh Allen. He had more touchdown receptions last year than AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, Odell Beckham Jr, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, etc.

Just for the sake of comparison, Bills all time great Eric Moulds had 573 yards and 2 TDs in his first two seasons, and he was catching passes from Jim Kelly in year 1.

Zay's no All Pro at this point. But he's far from a bust, and I think he'll be a #2 WR in the NFL for a long time.

Zay Jones is Josh Reed. He's meh. But what makes things worse for a lot of people, me included is that we gave up draft capital to trade up to get him, and passed on Cooper Kupp and JuJu. Now that's not Zay's fault, but it is what it is. What is his fault is that he doesn't catch the ball. Great receivers like TO had a lot of drops, but he was a gamebreaker. You can't be a meh jag receiver and not be able to catch the ball. Zay is nowhere near Moulds in terms of ability and upside. Zay is a Josh Reed type. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Hmm, he drops more passes than he catches just about.  He's at the point he needs to start proving that he's not a bust IMO.

I'd like to see a link to that......

Just because you got Andre Reed on your show this week, don't mean Zay sucks?

Edited by BuffAlone

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Zay Jones is Josh Reed. He's meh. But what makes things worse for a lot of people, me included is that we gave up draft capital to trade up to get him, and passed on Cooper Kupp and JuJu. Now that's not Zay's fault, but it is what it is. What is his fault is that he doesn't catch the ball. Great receivers like TO had a lot of drops, but he was a gamebreaker. You can't be a meh jag receiver and not be able to catch the ball. Zay is nowhere near Moulds in terms of ability and upside. Zay is a Josh Reed type. 

Josh Reed had 10 career TD's.  Zay had 7 last year.  And Zay had more yards in his 2nd season than Reed had in any season of his career.

Let's not be so quick to claim with certainty that we know who Zay Jones is just yet.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Just because you got Andre Reed on your show this week, don't mean Zay sucks?

it may be one of the dumber comments we see today.

6 minutes ago, teef said:

wha?

The answers is  - You can't fix  (cherry pickers) stupid.

Yes, in 2017 Zay Jones caught only 36.5% of the passes thrown in his direction.  (how many were catchable) 

In 2018 Zay Jones caught 54.9% of the passes thrown in his direction. 

Not stellar but an improvement you hope to see get better with age.  

6 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

here's mine 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2018.htm

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Meh...its early yet

this is unfortunately true.

not to say that zay doesn't need to keep improving.  he does, but it's strange the dislike he got from a reasonably productive second year wr.  he may not live up to what they gave up for him, but there's such a strange narrative concerning him.

• Like (+1) 1

Zay has improved but still seems to lose concentration and drops balls he shouldn't at time.  It frustrating, but there is still upside for him at this point.  No where near a bust.

Watching this makes you realize how little separation our receivers got last year, but Josh Allen was able to get catchable passes to them. 

Just now, teef said:

this is unfortunately true.

not to say that zay doesn't need to keep improving.  he does, but it's strange the dislike he got from a reasonably productive second year wr.  he may not live up to what they gave up for him, but there's such a strange narrative concerning him.

3 years for a WR to reach his potential in the NFL used to be the gold standard and fully acceptable. Do rookies come in and dominate? Sometimes. Is it the norm? No. I expect a solid year from him this year

• Like (+1) 1

All I can say is it’s a good thing the players have their names on the backs of their jerseys ‘cuz there’s no way Josh Allen is going to know who all these new Linemen are when he walks up under Center! I hope he’s busy memorizing names.