Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

14 minutes ago, eball said:

There's some good video of when the Skins played the Texans last year and Nsekhe dominated Clowney.  He's good.

People seem to say he's far better on the left side than the right side. But they say the same thing about Dawkins. So we'll see where they line up. 

1 hour ago, R Y G A R said:

I'm loving all of the OL signings. Does anyone wonder about the cohesiveness with potentially 5 guys that never played along side each other before? How long will it take the new OL to gel? OTOH it has to be better than last years line by default ?

I wonder some about that.  They need to get the top five figured out quickly so they can use some of training camp to develop the necessary cohesiveness and chemistry.  The question is, how do you do that quickly with so many new guys?  We can safely assume Mitch Morse is starting at center and Spain at guard.  Dawkins and Nsekhe are the probably winners at tackle at this point (I think).  The other guard spot is the question.  Teller, Feliciano and Long may all be in the competition.  McDermott may prefer to have Long as an interior backup.  He can play guard or center, despite his injury related struggles with the Jets.  Feliciano can too, but I think he's more familiar with guard.  Feliciano is a pure mauler.  He's not a great athlete or technician but gets the job done.  I would guess Teller has more long term upside, but Feliciano might be a little better right now.  That's all speculation though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I don't think they use all 10 though.  Beane is moving around the board.  I say six draft picks when all is said and done.  And 4 of those in the first 3 rounds.

I think you are very right.  I can see them moving up or down in the first round and packaging a bunch of trades to get as many picks in the first 4 rounds as possible.  

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I get the feeling Teller is destined for the PS. He wasnt any better than Ducasse or Miller.  Hope Im wrong and he develops nicely. Because he would be a nice cheap backup at a minimum. Feliciano is probably the one most likely to not make the roster of the FA signings unless he can back up at C.

I disagree, if only because McDermott and Beane specifically mentioned him at the end of last season as a guy they feel was starting to "come on" as the year progressed. They lumped him in with Levi Wallace and Robert Foster as guys who they were glad to have gotten meaningful reps and who they wanted a longer look at.

I'll say one thing, though: if Teller is to win the job, he'll darn sure have to earn it. The offensive guard battle might be the fiercest in camp. Cue McDermott: "Iron sharpens iron".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Glass half full:  We are going to be positioned to get some low level picks when all these guys leave after a year.

They will also have 100 mill+ In cap space next year to re-sign who they want out of all of these 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We just took our OL from good to great with this signing, he is not just a good pass blocker but a dominant one. He did get benched a few games for his run blocking so we can't discount that but he makes our OL so much better, he was a guy I was keeping an eye on since last season, great signing imo.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane signed so many guys on 1 year deals or team options, next year there may be enough other signings for Comp Pick gymnastics which didn’t seem possible before this haul of FAs

That is an interesting strategic take.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Only one year deal... ensures he will be motivated..

I’ll guess around $5-6 Mil

We will see but might be a tad high.  Played in TN on a 1 yr deal last year at $1.907mm

13 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I don't think they use all 10 though.  Beane is moving around the board.  I say six draft picks when all is said and done.  And 4 of those in the first 3 rounds.

I'm down for that. It does seem like they'll use some of those extra picks as ammo to move around given how many FA's they've signed. Only a few more weeks until we find out. I hope more coaches/GMs speak up like Harbaugh did about doing the draft sooner because this long-arse wait sucks.

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I'm down for that. It does seem like they'll use some of those extra picks as ammo to move around given how many FA's they've signed. Only a few more weeks until we find out. I hope more coaches/GMs speak up like Harbaugh did about doing the draft sooner because this long-arse wait sucks.

Remember that year they did it in May? That properly sucked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I agree, but find it highly unlikely all of these signings will be on our roster after next year.

Not all. It’s unrealistic they will want to re-sign all, plus some will walk for bigger deals if the Bills can replace in the draft. But it’s not like they won’t be able to target guys they want to re-sign and have the space to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not all. It’s unrealistic they will want to re-sign all, plus some will walk for bigger deals if the Bills can replace in the draft. But it’s not like they won’t be able to target guys they want to re-sign and have the space to do it. 

Right...I never said that.