Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

An upgrade over Nsekhe would be nice, but Nsekhe is already a considerable upgrade over Mills.

perhaps we will find out .
 but i get your drift.

i meant that Mills seems to have a market after the Bills. I was commenting on how Bills O line last year had no marketable players. well there is one with some hits/pings : )

28 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Please make this happen on Monday. Looking for a good start to the week.

Yea this would essentially shore up the line and create some really good competition to determine the best 5, besides maybe a late Rd pick , we don't need to draft OL either .

I just hope McDermott establishes the 5 much earlier than last year. I didn't like the shuffling so deep into the pre season last year but when you look at what he was working with, it's understandable.  I love that at least Morse and Allen can start creating chemistry from day 1 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

That's pretty much why Bryce Harper chose the Phillies over the Giants, even though the Giants offered a bigger contract.

He sure screwed that one up.  I don’t understand why anyone would choose philly over SF.   Just doesn’t make sense.  Grats Bryce, you can take more money with you to your grave.  If money isn’t an object, west coast >> east coast by a long shot.  No offense to anyone.  

You’ve been west coast for awhile iirc?

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

perhaps we will find out .
 but i get your drift.

i meant that Mills seems to have a market after the Bills. I was commenting on how Bills O line last year had no marketable players. well there is one with some hits/pings : )

Mills wasn't bad as an individual player at RT, he seemed to struggle with his assignments in masked rushes / gap integrity.

At least that's how I seen it.

I'm sure someone will pick him up after the draft for depth.

The Miller contract that CIN gave is what shocked me!

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He sure screwed that one up.  I don’t understand why anyone would choose philly over SF.   Just doesn’t make sense.  Grats Bryce, you can take more money with you to your grave.  If money isn’t an object, west coast >> east coast by a long shot.  No offense to anyone.  

You’ve been west coast for awhile iirc?

I've been west coast all 45 years of my life.

Edited by Mark Vader

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yea this would essentially shore up the line and create some really good competition to determine the best 5, besides maybe a late Rd pick , we don't need to draft OL either .

I just hope McDermott establishes the 5 much earlier than last year. I didn't like the shuffling so deep into the pre season last year but when you look at what he was working with, it's understandable.  I love that at least Morse and Allen can start creating chemistry from day 1 

Center and the left side would be quickly established with Spain/Dawkins (I think he has an improved season with Nsekhe as competition and better LG play).

Nsekhe/Waddle compete for RT with Nsekhe as backup LT.

RG could take some time being that Long/Feliciano have limited RG snaps (from what I have found they played the LG mostly).

Beane probably will have to overpay Spain and sign him to a longer contract than he would like but...............have to keep Josh clean this year.

32 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane probably will have to overpay Spain and sign him to a longer contract than he would like but...............have to keep Josh clean this year.

I’m all for spending the money we have in the most important places...OL and DL.

• Like (+1) 2

I love all the assumptions just reading through. Idk what the guys thought process is but not everyone loves Los Angeles, not everyone loves Buffalo. Different lifestyles for different people. 

You know whats probably going to make his decision. Money and who’s going to give him the best opportunity to make more money in the future. 

57 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I've been west coast all 45 years of my life.

Nice.  Glad I was born easy coast so I can appreciate the west coast more.  Lol.  First 24 years back east, last 20 years in Vegas 

20 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Long, Nsekhe - Waddle backup T, Feliciano/Teller backup IOL. Nsekhe and Long offer great position flex should we need to shuffle due to injury.

Seeing this makes me feel like we're going to be in the NFL again!

13 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It's not about being comfortable necessarily.  The Rams have a better football team than we do, they have a more heralded coach, and just because a guy is from the sticks, went to school in WVA and played in Nashville doesn't mean that the he wouldn't LIKE the opportunity to move to California if it presented itself. 

I'm from WNY, I've lived in Southeastern PA for 20+ years now and I'd move to Arizona tomorrow given the opportunity.  I really like it there, particularly the Flagstaff area.  There is no obvious connection that anyone could see looking at my bio but if I had professional opportunities in WNY or Flagstaff and I had to choose one, WNY would have to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY more money.  These guys travel.  He's been to a lot of the cities in the NFL and I'm sure he has preferences based on that at a minimum.

For whatever it's worth......

Yeah, he isn't really from the sticks.  He grew up in Petersburg, VA which is part of a tri-cities area that has about 70,000 people living there.  Mostly a ghetto area, and rough athletic high school area with really good football and basketball.  Couple that with living about 20 miles south of another 1.3 million people in the Richmond metro area, and he most likely isn't considered a country bumpkin.  

• Like (+1) 1

On March 31, 2019 at 10:12 AM, That's No Moon said:

It's not about being comfortable necessarily.  The Rams have a better football team than we do, they have a more heralded coach, and just because a guy is from the sticks, went to school in WVA and played in Nashville doesn't mean that the he wouldn't LIKE the opportunity to move to California if it presented itself. 

I'm from WNY, I've lived in Southeastern PA for 20+ years now and I'd move to Arizona tomorrow given the opportunity.  I really like it there, particularly the Flagstaff area.  There is no obvious connection that anyone could see looking at my bio but if I had professional opportunities in WNY or Flagstaff and I had to choose one, WNY would have to pay me SIGNIFICANTLY more money.  These guys travel.  He's been to a lot of the cities in the NFL and I'm sure he has preferences based on that at a minimum.

News flash:. The BuffaloBills have signed ten free agents this off season, many of which had other options.  Sources say that it appears That's No Moon's geographic preferences will have no impact on Spain's decision.

Edited by 4merper4mer

The reason I believe Quinton Spain prefers the rams and California are because of the story when a woman slipped him a micky and robbed him of 20% of his salary for a year.  Giving me the feeling he's a flashy guy and not a small market guy

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The reason I believe Quinton Spain prefers the rams and California are because of the story when a woman slipped him a micky and robbed him of 20% of his salary for a year.  Giving me the feeling he's a flashy guy and not a small market guy

I had no idea what you were talking about but what a crazy story!  https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2691105-titans-ol-quinton-spain-allegedly-drugged-robbed-by-woman-met-at-orlando-club.amp.html

it happened in Orlando, so it wasn’t exactly a big place.  But maybe LA might be a little too much for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I had no idea what you were talking about but what a crazy story!  https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2691105-titans-ol-quinton-spain-allegedly-drugged-robbed-by-woman-met-at-orlando-club.amp.html

it happened in Orlando, so it wasn’t exactly a big place.  But maybe LA might be a little too much for him. 

Yeah if you look around the internet about him he's an interesting character for an offensive guard.

There was some fanalyst who had a bunch of metrics that measured OL specific movement that indicated he was well above the norm for even All Pro level players. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nothing beats IK Enemkpali’s story though. 

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes I posted it yesterday.  Just recently married in late FEB so maybe he will settle down.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Long, Nsekhe - Waddle backup T, Feliciano/Teller backup IOL. Nsekhe and Long offer great position flex should we need to shuffle due to injury.

Nsekhe says himself that he is less effective on the right side. Dawkins has shown himself as such. I'm wondering if they don't move Dawkins in to LG (which, I believe, was his position at the draft), and Nsekhe at LT? Could we see Nsekhe, Dawkins, Morse, Spain, Waddle/TBD?

Also, I'm not sure we can assume Nsekhe or Long offer a whole lot of versatility. Long was apparently a train wreck at center.