Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

35 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

This can’t be true; they are supposed to move Dawkins to guard and Nsekhe to tackle...

¡sarcasm intended!

You've once again proven that you are fully incapable of following a discussion.

Seriously.

50 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

These OL signings look more like a power run game and less like a zone to me.  Most of these guys are strong but not very nimble.  Mostly good pass protectors though.  Not really sure where they are going with all of them.  Maybe they don't either and are just waiting to see who sticks.

Agree re power run/pass pro seems to be the direction. Normally you might favour a zone scheme where you have an athletic QB for whom you design running plays. Looks to me they maybe want Josh Allen to start working more from the pocket and I think that makes sense in terms of his development. This would not necessarily shut down his remaining a threat in the run game given his otherworldly athleticism. Cake and eat it?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I feel like we will have the best offensive line depth in the league but one of the weakest group of starters.

Huh?...  If they sign Spain, we’re potentially looking at one of the better OL’s in the NFL. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

40th ranked guard in the nfl last year and you’d think he’s Brian Waters. My god.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion.

I will say that you may want to go back and watch him in 2016-17 when they ran more power-based run schemes. You'd see what you're missing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

40th ranked guard in the nfl last year and you’d think he’s Brian Waters. My god.

Fair enough. But bear in mind that there are 64 starting guards in the NFL, so this places Spain barely south of "average" at the position. I'd venture to guess the Bills' starting guards all ranked well worse than 40th last year. As such, this would represent an upgrade, and isn't that the point?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hope you are right.  I just dont believe the players we signed are that talented.  Morse being the exception.  

Some of these offense of lineman sat behind other very good offense of lineman and then when given the chance before and well at some point you have to give players that actually played well in relief a chance

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Not immediately, I don't think, since they have to bring 90 guys to camp anyway. But if they sign Spain, I can absolutely see a scenario where they end up cutting either Long or Feliciano.

Both of them can back up at center  or guard and depth is needed as well as starters.   

36 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I feel like we will have the best offensive line depth in the league but one of the weakest group of starters.

I agree.  Great center, solid to very good LT, possibly a solid RT and a bunch of questions at guard, with several depth pieces.

33 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hope you are right.  I just dont believe the players we signed are that talented.  Morse being the exception.  

I would make the case that "talent" isn't the be all an end all when it comes to good O-line play. There are plenty of early first round tackles and guards who bust. They are hard positions to project. What's more important IMO is getting players who have the basic wherewithal to execute the chosen scheme and then coach them up to where they can execute efficiently as a unit. I feel the Patriots have solid line play not because they have "talented" players but because they have the guys with the aptitude to do what Dante wants and nobody coaches them up better than him (sure Tom gets the ball out quick, but they've been a run heavy team for years now). Looks to me that's what Beane is looking to do and it makes sense to me.

• Like (+1) 4