Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Anyone know how to search the archived board? I would post my 2015 draft scouting report on him if I could find it...

Would you happen to remember the exact title of your thread?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Would you happen to remember the exact title of your thread?

Unfortunately not...I'm starting to think that the write-up was buried in a different thread, but I did find a thread I started about him and linked it above.

• Like (+1) 2

I have a feeling the Bills were interested in him from the get-go, but his asking price was too high. Now that free agency is progressed and he has seen that he doesn't have any suitors at his asking price, he is circling back to interested teams. I would love it if the Bills signed him. It would mean a likely starting trio of Spain, Morse, and Long, which would be great, and would allow Teller to learn from some vets for a year or two.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I think Dawkins roster spot is safe.  He's on a rookie deal.  Might be fighting for his starting job though if they keep getting OL guys.

I think his spot is safe, too.

There was an article stating that Dawkins realized he had slacked off a bit last year, like a sophomore slump, and knows he must knuckle down this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I have a feeling the Bills were interested in him from the get-go, but his asking price was too high. Now that free agency is progressed and he has seen that he doesn't have any suitors at his asking price, he is circling back to interested teams. I would love it if the Bills signed him. It would mean a likely starting trio of Spain, Morse, and Long, which would be great, and would allow Teller to learn from some vets for a year or two.

I would be satisfied with knowing that 80% of our starting line consists of Dawkins, Spain, Morse, and Nsekhe. Gotta figure that competition between Teller, Long, Mongo, and Boettger for that RG spot would bring out the best in everyone.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Agree.  They also brought in two tackles though.  If they draft a T day 1or 2 Dawkins will have a very direct message sent.  And if I'm Teller I wouldn't sign a long term rental on my condo.

I think the message is pretty clear the O Line performance last season was not at an acceptable level so everyone needs to shape up or get ready to be shipped out.

• Like (+1) 1

I also have to think that the Bills are going to be looking to move one of these guys if/when they sign or draft another offensive lineman. You usually only dress 7 on gamedays and only tend to keep 8 on a roster.

If you include Spain or a Draft pick our depth chart is pretty crowded to squeeze in those 7 or 8 guys.

OT                                                     OG                                               OC

Dawkins                                           Long                                           Morse

Nsekhe                                             Feliciano                                   Bodine

Waddle                                             Teller                                         Boettger

McDermott                                      Ducasse

Spain/Draft pick

Obviously we expect Bodine, Ducasse, and McDermott  to be let go but even so you have 9 guys. That means they might be looking to move Teller/or Boettger for a low round pick or something.

Even if they bring him in I'd still like them to draft a right guard high in the draft day 2 (or 1 if it's Cody Ford on a trade down). I really want someone that can anchor AND move. I think Lindstrom is the guy and he seems to be moving up in all the mock drafts I see. I'd spend draft capital to go get him. The rest of the guys they've brought in on make good deals and while a damn sight better than they had before, might not be a long term answer. If they beat out a draftee, that's fine. Competition is a good thing. Having a cost controlled O line w/ reasonably high round picks through the life of Allen's 1st contract and not "just a guy" kind of players is also a good thing.

Edited by BubbaT

Are they going to end up cutting a guy they just signed?  Spain will turn 28 shortly before the season starts.  Spounds like he might be better than one of the guys they just signed - Long or Feliciano.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Are they going to end up cutting a guy they just signed?  Spain will turn 28 shortly before the season starts.  Spounds like he might be better than one of the guys they just signed - Long or Feliciano.

Not immediately, I don't think, since they have to bring 90 guys to camp anyway. But if they sign Spain, I can absolutely see a scenario where they end up cutting either Long or Feliciano.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I like Long a lot as a bounce back guy at guard. Feliciano is interesting, but Spain is better than both. 

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think it's pretty clear it's a competition I mean it sucks to be bought in and immediately leave but they're getting given a shot at making it and that's just how the NFL works.