Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think we will draft a RT. It is the only position on the o-line we didn't spend a good chunk of money on. I don't think they want to go into the season with Waddle as a starter. But yeah I could see Dawkins moved to guard. Beane was asked about it earlier this year and he didn't rule it out.

...will be interesting to see how the new OL Coach evaluates and meshes talent.....hopefully flexible regarding scheme to play to personnel strengths.......we need a Mouse McNally tinkerer.....

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one down side of that is you don't then give the 5 players you go with enough time to jell.  I think that was a big problem the Bills had last year in training camp, the constant juggling of their line, and same thing at QB.  No one got enough reps with the first team.  I realize these guys are all vets so likely don't need as much time, but with today's CBA rules it limits the amount of work you get.  Let the compete for a couple of weeks of camp, but would like to see them settle on the starting five by 3rd pre-season game.  Or be OK with sub par line play the first couple weeks of the season.

I can see some of these signings not making it through camp.  Excluding Morse, did we give any of them much of a signing bonus, how much of a cap hit will we have if we cut a couple of them?  I'm guessing it's not high, but will be something.

I hear you but this year the Center "anchor" is known.  Should be much quicker finding who play G better on the right and left with him.

When you don't know who the Center is (last year) that effects a lot more.

I'm hoping they get the starters pretty much identified by Game 2 of Pre-season.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hear you but this year the Center "anchor" is known.  Should be much quicker finding who play G better on the right and left with him.

When you don't know who the Center is (last year) that effects a lot more.

I'm hoping they get the starters pretty much identified by Game 2 of Pre-season.

...a poster elsewhere offered up the Titans scheme change in 2018 as a possible reason the kid struggled......sound familiar??......

@MikeGarafolo

"A small step back was expected, considering the Titans implemented a new blocking scheme in 2018. But I think they took enough of a step back that it’s fair to question offensive line coach Keith Carter."
"Typically, I’d say give Carter another year. There’s no reason to make a snap decision, especially after a transition year. "

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Any indication that it would be tomorrow or are you just hoping?

....can't find anything regarding other visits....seems to only be Bflo......maybe McBeane only offered him a "one year prove it deal" while he hopefully gets an invite for something longer term....just a speculative guess....

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

If, by modern, you mean pass first, I hope not. Our QB is the top running QB except maybe L Jackson and his aim is consistently off. I think a run first approach makes a lot more sense.

By Modern so mean ACTUALLY UTILIZING the pass offense and the WRs 

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

If, by modern, you mean pass first, I hope not. Our QB is the top running QB except maybe L Jackson and his aim is consistently off. I think a run first approach makes a lot more sense.

So you want to turn Allen in to a wildcat qb instead of a passing qb? Some takes on here , let me tell ya

Edited by BillsMafia13

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think we will draft a RT. It is the only position on the o-line we didn't spend a good chunk of money on. I don't think they want to go into the season with Waddle as a starter. But yeah I could see Dawkins moved to guard. Beane was asked about it earlier this year and he didn't rule it out.

See I also think they will draft one but I don't think it will be 1st or 2nd round and I could see them going into the season with Waddle as a starter (or Nsekhe at RT and Dawkins at LT) and then bringing the drafted guy on as the year goes on.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

See I also think they will draft one but I don't think it will be 1st or 2nd round and I could see them going into the season with Waddle as a starter (or Nsekhe at RT and Dawkins at LT) and then bringing the drafted guy on as the year goes on.  

Let's get my boy Scharping in R3

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I think you should go back and actually watch the games....    consistently off......    brother.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nsekhe has stated that he is much better on the left side and not very comfortable on the right side. Is that the case with Dawkins? Was Dawkins also not listed as a guard in the draft? 

52 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Nsekhe has stated that he is much better on the left side and not very comfortable on the right side. Is that the case with Dawkins? Was Dawkins also not listed as a guard in the draft? 

That's why I've been saying I can see Ty at LT and Dawkins at RT.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a poster elsewhere offered up the Titans scheme change in 2018 as a possible reason the kid struggled......sound familiar??......

@MikeGarafolo

"A small step back was expected, considering the Titans implemented a new blocking scheme in 2018. But I think they took enough of a step back that it’s fair to question offensive line coach Keith Carter."
"Typically, I’d say give Carter another year. There’s no reason to make a snap decision, especially after a transition year. "

Geez, usually this is a Bills problem.