Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Don't rule out Mongo...Coach Johnson likes him a lot 

Who?  Teller?

And I'm not ruling-out anyone.  I expect the OL to be good with the additions and holdovers.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed on the plan for the 9 spot.

As for Long: The best case scenario for the Bills is that Teller wins one guard job outright, and Feliciano or Boettger win the other. This would allow Long to be high quality swing depth along the interior.

No matter how it works out in the end, I have confidence that the o-line will be much improved. If the Bills had to line up and start the season next Sunday, I already think the team would be leaps and bounds better than it was last year, based solely on our free agent additions. The fact that we still have 10 picks in April is icing on the cake.

...back to Spain for a minute bud....what number do you think lands him?............

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, I think Teller's spot is in big trouble. If they sign him, there will be a lot of completion at the guard spot--heck, there already is.

Well, that's sure to up the penalties. Maybe we should encourage Allen to throw to the wide receivers instead?

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...back to Spain for a minute bud....what number do you think lands him?............

With the caveat that this will be a complete guess, based on looking at Spencer Long and Roger Saffold and Kalechi Osemele's contracts to form a base line range...

I believe Spain wants a lucrative contract and teams aren't biting due to his 2018 and 2017 seasons not being up to the caliber of pay that he likely wants. As such, a 1-year prove it deal is probably the most likely outcome. Based on his age, recent production, and the contracts of the players mentioned above, I'd guess that a one year, $4-5Million deal could get it done. I could be way off, but that's my line of thinking.

*Edit: I should have said that's what I think his true VALUE is. Will he settle for that amount? Who knows. He may think he's more in the $8-10M range, and that's why no one has signed him yet.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the caveat that this will be a complete guess, based on looking at Spencer Long and Roger Saffold and Kalechi Osemele's contracts to form a base line range...

I believe Spain wants a lucrative contract and teams aren't biting due to his 2018 and 2017 seasons not being up to the caliber of pay that he likely wants. As such, a 1-year prove it deal is probably the most likely outcome. Based on his age, recent production, and the contracts of the players mentioned above, I'd guess that a one year, $4-5Million deal could get it done. I could be way off, but that's my line of thinking.

*Edit: I should have said that's what I think his true VALUE is. Will he settle for that amount? Who knows. He may think he's more in the $8-10M range, and that's why no one has signed him yet.

...so then a "prove it deal"....and it sounds LOGICal (no pun intended :thumbsup: )............McBeane could sweeten it with a couple of more years if inclined.....he knows the drill well......

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah.  I say let them all compete and may the best men win.

I agree.  The OL is not about individuals.  Let the coaches find out who plays well with their partners on the line.

Way to early to figure that out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What I am seeing from all the OL signings and who they are talking with is they are all very good pass protecting. Could it be I might see a modern NFL Offense in Buffalo. 

Ive noticed the same. Massive pass protecting boulder giants. 

I think each OL added are all over 6 '4. 

Its fantastic! 

Edited by DJB

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What I am seeing from all the OL signings and who they are talking with is they are all very good pass protecting. Could it be I might see a modern NFL Offense in Buffalo. 

I've noticed that too. Been a long time since we've seen that in Buffalo! 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, oldmanfan said:

Agree.  They also brought in two tackles though.  If they draft a T day 1or 2 Dawkins will have a very direct message sent.  And if I'm Teller I wouldn't sign a long term rental on my condo.

Some had a chub for Teller- I think he is very raw and not athletic at all. Brute strength without technique spells doom in todays NFL.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I have said the same thing the other day... even the TE and RB they picked up are good in the pass game.

First, these very tall, wide-bodies are finally possible because we have a tall QB.

Based what I see from him on Twitter, I think Spain may want more than anyone is willing to pay right now. May have to wait a bit.