Two Parkland Shooting Survivors (Teens) Commit Suicide Within a Week of Each Other

Gugny

6 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Just saw another story where the father of a Sandy Hook victim did the same thing. 

Yup, my sister knew him.

Guy was a neurologist of some type, founded an org to study links between people who are bat-**** crazy and violence after the shooting.  It sounds like no one saw it coming, but he’s probably far from the only parent of those kids who’s fought the same impulses.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe I am in the minority.  But spinning our wheels all praying and feeling sorry for the deceased really accomplishes little.  Yet... I do understand & appreciate the power of prayer... Not saying give that up.  But let's be pragmatic here.

"We look for love no time for tears
Wasted water's all that is
And it don't make no flowers grow."

And... Don't misconstrue taking action as being political.  Inaction, apathy, albeit lacking any outward appearance of "being political" is deadly, lethal.

The being political card... Is a cop out for not wanting change, having to make hard choices by the ones with little involvement in the tragedies but have a lot of personal skin in the game.  IMO.

What's the only way right of center to move with this debate?  Do nothing?  Pray?  Tell the suffering to white knuckle through it, pick themselves up by the boot straps. Sounds pretty archaic, to me, for complicated times. Maybe the only conservative answer that I find acceptable is to slow society down from it's complicated, fast paced tempo.  Yeah, that's really going to happen.

What's the answer?  Just grieve and move on as these problems barrel at us in multitudes? Or go right to the source and give it a whirl and see what happens.  Seems like we are paralyzed by our own paranoia & fear.

Here's a list of everything that's been done in Florida since the shooting to help prevent a future tragedy.  It may not to be your satisfaction, but to say that nothing has been done except for thoughts and prayers is inaccurate.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-cb-florida-school-shooting-one-year-20190211-story.html

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm the OP.  I think I've made it abundantly clear that my post had nothing to do with politics.

Sorry about that, Gugny.

I meant to say that I called out Exiled for his comments, but I've seen been told that it was simply his attempt at sarcasm.  I totally understand that.

This Joe guy though.  He sure seems to be easily offended by what other countries do.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Sorry about that, Gugny.

I meant to say that I called out Exiled for his comments, but I've seen been told that it was simply his attempt at sarcasm.  I totally understand that.

This Joe guy though.  He sure seems to be easily offended by what other countries do.

I understand.  I got no hard feelings toward you.  I understand your POV.  I didn't mean to slam NZ.  They are working together for a common good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hey fool.....Joe is a combat vet.....you ignorant USA hating punch dummy.

Igotchonewzealandgunlawsritehea

Yeah, so what?

So, I now "hate" the USA because I like where I live?  I can't love both places??

You have no idea who I am or what I've done for America.

I stick up for the US every single time I hear someone badmouth it. (This is happening more and more it seems.)

I love America.  All my family lives there and I want nothing but the best for the country.

I just can't believe how easily offended you gun guys are about another countries laws. 

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's a list of everything that's been done in Florida since the shooting to help prevent a future tragedy.  It may not to be your satisfaction, but to say that nothing has been done except for thoughts and prayers is inaccurate.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-cb-florida-school-shooting-one-year-20190211-story.html

Genie is out of bottle.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I understand.  I got no hard feelings toward you.  I understand your POV.  I didn't mean to slam NZ.  They are working together for a common good.

All good Exiled. I apologize and am sorry about the confusion.

Go Bills!

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I deserved it.  I just can't leave well enough alone expressing my frustration.

Mate, I'm with ya.

To be very honest... my frustration began a couple days after the massacre when I came to this board like I've been doing since the late '90's. I didn't listen to that little voice in my head and I went to the PPP board to see what people were writing about NZ.

I was f'ing horrified that there was a thread, where the OP (Paulus?) was sharing the livestream footage of the atrocity along with the shooters manifesto.  In my view it was simply abhorrent and has stuck in my craw since then.

On one side, I see the love and support that Kiwis are giving to the victims and on the other side, I see some of my fellow Bills fans almost openly happy that it happened.  I think that says a lot.

Anyway, God Bless and Let's go Buffalo!

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

What is your problem??

This whole mess began when I told the OP that he was a disgrace for turning the suicide of a teenager into a something political. I wasn't the only one saying that either.  Now you're all butthurt with me because New Zealand passed new gun laws?

Find something productive to do with your time instead of being such an sensitive angry little snowflake.

I have issue with your sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude. 

It's YOU that injected ridiculous politics and virtue signaling into the thread, and now you're here playing the  victim. I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as you're a progressive. That's what you people do.

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Mate, I'm with ya.

To be very honest... my frustration began a couple days after the massacre when I came to this board like I've been doing since the late '90's. I didn't listen to that little voice in my head and I went to the PPP board to see what people were writing about NZ.

I was f'ing horrified that there was a thread, where the OP (Paulus?) was sharing the livestream footage of the atrocity along with the shooters manifesto.  In my view it was simply abhorrent and has stuck in my craw since then.

On one side, I see the love and support that Kiwis are giving to the victims and on the other side, I see some of my fellow Bills fans almost openly happy that it happened.  I think that says a lot.

Anyway, God Bless and Let's go Buffalo!

exactly what is the issue with posting the video of the massacre and the manifesto? i didn't choose to watch or read, did you?

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

exactly what is the issue with posting the video of the massacre and the manifesto? i didn't choose to watch or read, did you?

I think it takes different wiring for a person to want to casually watch other human beings get gunned down, or killed in any fashion.  I'm not judging.  I just think it takes a different kind of person.  Different than me, anyway.  And if they enjoy watching it ... then they should be locked up forever.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it takes different wiring for a person to want to casually watch other human beings get gunned down, or killed in any fashion.  I'm not judging.  I just think it takes a different kind of person.  Different than me, anyway.  And if they enjoy watching it ... then they should be locked up forever.

i agree. i just don't think that you can outlaw things of this nature. the conspiracy theorist in me says that if it is outlawed and we can not view it, how do we know that what was/is claimed, actually happened. disclaimer: i may have seen too many movies....

as for someone who enjoys watching thing such as this, i don't think you can lock them up forever for that but it quite definitely could be a warning sign of a personality disorder that may portend other things that actually may be criminal.

Edited by Foxx