Two Parkland Shooting Survivors (Teens) Commit Suicide Within a Week of Each Other

Gugny

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Not enough where people fear that they need to be armed 24/7 to protect themselves because they believe everyone is out there waiting to rape or kill them......

Exactly!

It's a downward spiral into the wild west.  Look at the Dallas road rage beat down, punch up.  Dude, comes out brandishing a weapon.  Now... Both are really to blame here... But really... That needed to be escalated with a firearm?

YES, WTF was she doing slapping him up side the head AFTER he slapped her phone away?  But really... Notice the piece he's brandishing.  The only reason he's doing that is because, he does not know who else may be packing.

This is how we solve traffic issues (which I believe she purposefully flaunted).  Really?

15 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Just curious if American media is reporting that the shooter was actually an Australian who moved to NZ to specifically do this heinous act?

The American media stopped caring about this incident within 48 hours as it didn’t offer a direct path to blaming Trump.

12 hours ago, Turk71 said:

That's true it is not as easy to govern so many, but the concept that political parties work together for a common good is the antithesis of our country right now. People seem more concerned about their political 'team' 'winning' more than the common good or even their own best interest. Divide and conquer, the people argue like 12 year olds while the country and its future continue to be ransacked and looted. 

Yup, this is at the core of every problem.  It has been a downward spiral, especially over the last 25 years.

Edited by KD in CA

10 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, actually I did. You see, you're a loyal subject of the crown and you like it. That's fine.  Being subject to the whim of government works for you. Just make sure you properly address your betters; "if it pleases the queen, may I continue to own my own property?"

How "civilized."

Yeah, you keep believing what you want to believe to keep you happy.

Fortunately I still own property, pay taxes and have the right to vote in the US.

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You are never going to get a conversation without finger pointing

Most of us outside your country can't understand why everyone in the US feels the need to carry a gun everywhere because we dont live in a place where we feel the need to be worried that if we left our wife and children inside our home for a minute, someone will break in and rape/murder them, or that if we didnt have a gun, the country would be taken over, or the government would enslave us all.

What country do you live in?....................I have never held a gun, and I don't know anybody who carries one, to my knowledge.  

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Now THAT is a shame.

Shoulda checked it at the door, since you seem to have so much disdain for we peasants.

What is your problem??

This whole mess began when I told the OP that he was a disgrace for turning the suicide of a teenager into a something political. I wasn't the only one saying that either.  Now you're all butthurt with me because New Zealand passed new gun laws?

Find something productive to do with your time instead of being such an sensitive angry little snowflake.

54 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

What is your problem??

This whole mess began when I told the OP that he was a disgrace for turning the suicide of a teenager into a something political. I wasn't the only one saying that either.  Now you're all butthurt with me because New Zealand passed new gun laws?

Find something productive to do with your time instead of being such an sensitive angry little snowflake.

I'm the OP.  I think I've made it abundantly clear that my post had nothing to do with politics.

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

I am not going to spell out a joke for you..............I guess you are a disgrace!  

Jesus Christ, dude!!!!  The way this thread is going, I had no idea!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

What is your problem??

Hey fool.....Joe is a combat vet.....you ignorant USA hating punch dummy.

Igotchonewzealandgunlawsritehea

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

When I clicked on this thread I was shocked with how quickly it became political.

Maybe I am in the minority.  But spinning our wheels all praying and feeling sorry for the deceased really accomplishes little.  Yet... I do understand & appreciate the power of prayer... Not saying give that up.  But let's be pragmatic here.

"We look for love no time for tears
Wasted water's all that is
And it don't make no flowers grow."

And... Don't misconstrue taking action as being political.  Inaction, apathy, albeit lacking any outward appearance of "being political" is deadly, lethal.

The being political card... Is a cop out for not wanting change, having to make hard choices by the ones with little involvement in the tragedies but have a lot of personal skin in the game.  IMO.

What's the only way right of center to move with this debate?  Do nothing?  Pray?  Tell the suffering to white knuckle through it, pick themselves up by the boot straps. Sounds pretty archaic, to me, for complicated times. Maybe the only conservative answer that I find acceptable is to slow society down from it's complicated, fast paced tempo.  Yeah, that's really going to happen.

What's the answer?  Just grieve and move on as these problems barrel at us in multitudes? Or go right to the source and give it a whirl and see what happens.  Seems like we are paralyzed by our own paranoia & fear.