Two Parkland Shooting Survivors (Teens) Commit Suicide Within a Week of Each Other

Gugny

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

seriously?

that's a pretty ***** up post mac, ***** up

rip young lady

Yeah it is.  But she shot herself with somebody's weapon.  If it was her's there is nothing we can do.

If it was your child and your weapon, how would you feel for being grossly irresponsible?

Did you read where her college grades were suffering because she was afraid  of classrooms? So many questions to ask like @Gugny mentioned.

I am sorry I am asking the hard questions.  I mean no disrespect to this young lady.  So many failed her.  May she rest in peace... But I won't stop asking the hard questions.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah it is.  But she shot herself with somebody's weapon.  If it was her's there is nothing we can do.

If it was your child and your weapon, how would you feel for being grossly irresponsible?

Did you read where her college grades were suffering because she was afraid  of classrooms? So many questions to ask like @Gugny mentioned.

I am sorry I am asking the hard questions.  I mean no disrespect to this young lady.  So many failed her.  May she rest in peace... But I won't stop asking the hard questions.

I say this as someone who is very pro-2nd amendment. I’m fairly certain you have to be 21 to purchase a firearm in Florida. Considering those around her knew of her condition, I would agree with EII in that they were remiss in allowing access to a firearm. I am also fully aware I don’t know the whole story of how she acquired the weapon, so I reserve the right to change my mind about here circle of family/friends being remiss.

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

trying to justify your post I see.

carry on.

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just because you say 'No disrespect' before your comment, it doesnt mean it's not disrespectful or your being classy about it......

I don't find Exiled's comments disrespectful at all.  They are tough questions, sure.  The answers could help others down the road.  This is an opportunity to discuss the problems that led to this tragedy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Kevbeau explained it.

Too much of this. 

headsinthesand.jpg

It's selfish.

Decorum is good.  I stayed classy and respectful.  I am not faulting the ones suffering.  Just asking the tough questions.

you have no idea. just because I choose not to discuss it here or question your cold manner of curiosity does not mean I have not dealt with a similar situation with my daughter. only I was able to save her from going forward with leaving this world. it's a deal I would rather not discuss with you or anyone on this forum.

you want to flaunt your thick skin approach and herald yourself as someone with the tough questions, give yourself a pat on the back.

never assume you know what goes on with folks and call them selfish when you have no clue.

carry on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you have no idea. just because I choose not to discuss it here or question your cold manner of curiosity does not mean I have not dealt with a similar situation with my daughter. only I was able to save her from going forward with leaving this world. it's a deal I would rather not discuss with you or anyone on this forum.

you want to flaunt your thick skin approach and herald yourself as someone with the tough questions, give yourself a pat on the back.

never assume you know what goes on with folks and call them selfish when you have no clue.

carry on.

Same here brother! But, with us it was: We.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He likes to grandstand.     It would’ve been close to impossible to pull this off without a gun I guess is the angle. 

No.

The angle.  Somebody failed her (again).  Read Kevbeau's post.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just because you say 'No disrespect' before your comment, it doesnt mean it's not disrespectful or your being classy about it......

So we are all suppose to say sorry, RIP and move on?

I qualitatively added that because people take the power move and want to slam people because they can't wrap their brain publically around the hard issues.

Obviously... Somebody failed her here?  Is that a fair assessment.  She's under 21, who wasn't watching their weapon?

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Same here brother! But, with us it was: We.

No.

The angle.  Somebody failed her (again).  Read Kevbeau's post.

I get what your saying,  but let's be honest. If she jumped off of a bridge is the conversation different? If she let's her car running in the garage and goes that way is the conversation different? The fact that it is a gun I think is irrelevant.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't find Exiled's comments disrespectful at all.  They are tough questions, sure.  The answers could help others down the road.  This is an opportunity to discuss the problems that led to this tragedy.

Exactly.  It's a power move by people to avoid talking.

"Too soon."

Is a BS argument.

Holy Moly... I could have come here and got pissed that she never thanked people for paying their respects and I would have been greated like Caesar returning from Gaul.  Tough crowd.

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get what your saying,  but let's be honest. If she jumped off of a bridge is the conversation different? If she let's her car running in the garage and goes that way is the conversation different? The fact that it is a gun I think is irrelevant.

Simply put: Yes.

So:

It's terrible when a young person takes her life. No one disputes that. But it's hardly an isolated incident. What makes this different is the tangential link to a school shooting. 

I feel like this post is more about anger over an over-politicized school shooting and less about the sad story of a young girl killing herself.

What, exactly, IS the true purpose of this post?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I qualitatively added that because people take the power move and want to slam people because they can't wrap their brain publically around the hard issues.

Obviously... Somebody failed her here?  Is that a fair assessment.  She's under 21, who wasn't watching their weapon?

Tough thing to do on the internets. Much easier face to face with someone.

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So:

It's terrible when a young person takes her life. No one disputes that. But it's hardly an isolated incident. What makes this different is the tangential link to a school shooting. 

I feel like this post is more about anger over an over-politicized school shooting and less about the sad story of a young girl killing herself.

What, exactly, IS the true purpose of this post?

perhaps a PM to the OP will get you your answer

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We need more insight and less incite!

cant we all get along?

As far as I can tell, that would defeat the point of these online chat forums!  

They seem to exist as a way for a certain kind of person to argue incessantly with anonymous strangers about amorphous topics that probably don't have a huge impact on their daily lives.

What the hell did these people do a few years ago to help pass the time, when the internet didn't exist?  

I wonder about this.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why does the question even need to be asked? Why do you or any of us have to know what method she used to end her life, why does it matter?

It doesnt mean someone failed her, people may have done all they could. In many cases it doesnt matter how much help or support they have, if they have issues or reasons why they feel they need to do it, they are going to do it. She wasnt some young kid who didnt know what she was doing or how dangerous a gun can be. At her age it's not hard to find a gun someone may have stored properly .

• Sad 1