Two Parkland Shooting Survivors (Teens) Commit Suicide Within a Week of Each Other

Gugny

Sydney Aiello was her name.  Her best friend was killed in the shooting.  Sydney's parents say that she was diagnosed with PTSD and committed suicide because of survivor's guilt.

Absolutely heartbreaking.  These shootings have so many more victims than the ones who are shot and/or killed.  RIP, Sydney.

https://6abc.com/parkland-shooting-survivor-takes-her-own-life/5212139/

Update: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article228350134.html - a young boy, survivor, killed himself last night (Saturday, 3/23).  RIP.

Edited by Gugny
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No disrespect.  Just curious... Does anybody know how she committed suicide.  Was it with a firearm?

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

EDIT: 

It was a gunshot wound to head.  ?

So sad: /smh

"Aiello died from a gunshot wound to the head, according to Heather A. Gálvez, with the Broward County Medical Examiner's Office."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna986266

You are a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

You are a disgrace.

The sad truth is hard to stomach, ain't it?

It's very sad. A disgrace would would be a country that bans them right?

Of course it was her actions.  Firearms make her impulses so deadly efficent.  In the state she was in, where did she find the weapon?  Oh, they are everywhere.

I meant no disrespect... But the truth should be told.  Not hide your head in the sand like that kiwi. That would be a disgrace.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Really? 

Yeah... But this isn't a disgrace. ^^^

Dude, she's dead.  I am not offended.  Just calling out the hypocrisy of the previous poster.

/smh

i said what most guys who saw her were thinking

you used her suicide to make a not so thinly veiled political statement

2wqfs6.jpg

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

i said what most guys who saw her were thinking

you used her suicide to make a not so thinly veiled political statement

2wqfs6.jpg

No.  No political until @Bad Things chimed in.

She was afraid of classrooms... But not guns.  Where the hell did she get the weapon from?  Who's was it? Insane the state she was in and nobody was there to help her.

@Gugny

I'm not a fan of where this thread went or is heading. Instead of contributing to the downward spiral:

Sydney Aiello was her name.  Her best friend was killed in the shooting.  Sydney's parents say that she was diagnosed with PTSD and committed suicide because of survivor's guilt.

Absolutely heartbreaking.  These shootings have so many more victims than the ones who are shot and/or killed.  RIP, Sydney.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

@Gugny

I'm not a fan of where this thread went or is heading. Instead of contributing to the downward spiral:

I am sorry.

I won't add any caveats to that apology.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

@Gugny

Thanks, man.  I don't think Exiled had any bad intentions, at all.  Valid points.  And I also don't consider his comments/questions to be political.  

This tragedy brings to light multiple problems in our country.  The purpose of my original post was to show that a young girl (yes, she was an adult) is a victim, today,  of a shooting that happened a year ago.

There are multiple directions I want to take this.  But this thread isn't the forum for that.

Perhaps it's because my son just turned 16 on Tuesday, I don't know.  But the reason this tragic story hit me so hard is that there are already so many families suffering from this shooting and others; and it's important to understand that the casualties don't discontinue just because the shooting does.  This TEENAGER survived an horrific shooting ..... or so we thought ... so her parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends thought.

She really never did.

We have a lot of problems in our country.

• Like (+1) 7

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No disrespect.  Just curious... Does anybody know how she committed suicide.  Was it with a firearm?

Again... Just curious.  And yes, I think it does matter that we know.  Hope that avenue (sadly a deadly efficient way) wasn't the issue. Tragic that it couldn't have been prevented.

seriously?

that's a pretty ***** up post mac, ***** up

rip young lady

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973