Bills sign TE Jake Fisher to 1-year deal

32 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He’s got athletic chops. Better 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle than Metcalf. And that was at 305 lbs at his combine. 

Yeah but c'mon, that was THEN.

I wish they would bring back the "veteran combine" that they did a few years ago.    RB Michael Bush:  "4.91? You gotta' be ***** me!":lol:

It seems the wear and tear of a few years in the NFL trenches is not kind to track numbers..........whether you've lost some weight or not.

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Wondering what size he is now, I mean clearly he's tall, but has he leaned out a bit? Can he move? 

Could actually be a really dangerous piece.  More than likely the best blocking TE in the NFL,  if hes a legit recieving threat we could hit some homeruns on running plays.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but c'mon, that was THEN.

I wish they would bring back the "veteran combine" that they did a few years ago.    RB Michael Bush:  "4.91? You gotta' be ***** me!":lol:

It seems the wear and tear of a few years in the NFL trenches is not kind to track numbers..........whether you've lost some weight or not.

That was then? You make four years sound like he played in a leather helmet. 

I don’t consider the agility test times as “track numbers” but I agree that time in the trenches can have an adverse effect. 

Anyway, my post was a knock on Metcalf more than it was an endorsement of Fisher as some sort of athletic marvel. I did the same when we signed Morse, whose 20 yard shuttle was the same as Metcalf’s.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

He had a workout with the team. I presume they're happy with his weight and speed since they signed him. 

Theyre Happy that he can play 5 different positions.

Though none of them great... 

• Like (+1) 1

They really like these project kids at tight end lol. Bye Logan hello Fish.. 

I didn’t like what I seen from Croom last year so I wouldn’t be upset to see Kroft and a real receiving threat rookie and Fish round out the top 3 

43 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I think this lowers the chance of a TE in Rd #1.  

Why?  He is long shot at TE.  Now they have 3 and will go into camp with 4-6.

TE was low percentage play at 9 yesterday or today.  DL will be highest BPA most likely.