Bills sign TE Jake Fisher to 1-year deal

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

I think this lowers the chance of a TE in Rd #1.  

Bills are going Dline in the first round...   no question about it. it has the most value when we pick and it's a huge need... both at DT and DE

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Bills are going Dline in the first round...   no question about it. it has the most value when we pick and it's a huge need... both at DT and DE

Agree. I hope Ed Oliver makes to #9. 

Worst case scenario is he doesn't make it through camp. Best case is that he ends up being much more adept at this position. If he played TE earlier in his career then he must have some of the fundamentals down. As Rap says, a cool story to watch in camp.

This will play very little to no bearing on whether or not the Bills draft a TE in the draft.   Fisher is not a lock to make the team and either is Croom.  Beane basically increased competition and if he sees the right TE at the right draft selection, he'll still pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

Not his first time playing tight end.  He played there in high school, but even then he was more of a blocking tight end.  I imagine he'll play as a blocking TE in two tight end formations.  I'm guessing he might have a handful of catches over a season - probably under 10.