Bills sign TE Jake Fisher to 1-year deal

• 1 month later...

Height:   6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)

Weight:  282 lb (128 kg)

He was drafted as a left tackle and was targeted several times during pass plays.

Fisher's number was switched from 74 to 44 so he wouldn't have to check in as an eligible receiver every play he was used as a pass catcher.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:06 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Right. I get that. I guess I should be more clear. I’d rather have a tackle, playong at normal tackle weight, loning up at TE on a run heavy formation. I see nothing that makes me think this guy is a pass catching threat is why I made the statement.

Ultimately, you’ve never seen him play tight end... but apparently after working him out they are at least curious.

While a bit of a hot-head, Jake was an emotional and on-field leader in his time at Oregon. The offense immediately suffered when he was out with injury.

He's the kind of guy you want on your team and hate on every other, as much as I think blocking TEs are a waste of a roster spot, he's a great kid and I hope this works out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Depending on how you read that it's kind of funny

that is what I just posted .. 

That's still big for a TE no?   Neanderthal Gronk was 265 lbs and 6'6"

Sorry, was on a train of thought and forgot you mentioned his current weight.

I still think he needs to drop 10#.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Right. I get that. I guess I should be more clear. I’d rather have a tackle, playong at normal tackle weight, loning up at TE on a run heavy formation. I see nothing that makes me think this guy is a pass catching threat is why I made the statement.

...but think about a 282 lb TE rumblin', mumblin' stumblin' and grumblin' down the seam with only a 185 lb DB in his way.........splat!......

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Depending on how you read that it's kind of funny

that is what I just posted .. 

That's still big for a TE no?   Neanderthal Gronk was 265 lbs and 6'6"

Article says he’s down to 268

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good article. 6’6 and 268 is pretty lean. I am interested to see how fluid he is now. How well can he block 45-50 pounds lighter. If his strength is there and he can use his leverage and quickness he could stick around for awhile. I admire Fisher for giving it a shot at what he loves. 

We got Kroft, Knox, and one more guy fighting it out for the third TE...Or could 4 make the team with ST coming into play? Could Fisher be the emergency Tackle? 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good article. 6’6 and 268 is pretty lean. I am interested to see how fluid he is now. How well can he block 45-50 pounds lighter. If his strength is there and he can use his leverage and quickness he could stick around for awhile. I admire Fisher for giving it a shot at what he loves. 

We got Kroft, Knox, and one more guy fighting it out for the third TE...Or could 4 make the team with ST coming into play? Could Fisher be the emergency Tackle? 

I think Tommy Sweeney who they took in the 7th is similar in style to Fisher, whereas Croom is more Similar to Knox (though they seem to believe Knox has more upside. I have a feeling Sweeney might make it. Good to have the competition. 

• Like (+1) 1