Bills sign TE Jake Fisher to 1-year deal

19 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Playoffs this year

Superbowl 2020

followed by Brady's retirement ?.

No, no. Brady is released and signs with Buffalo as Allen's backup. He can also be the towel boy.

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Props to RobbRiddick for the scoop!!

: )

1 minute ago, MJS said:

No, no. Brady is released and signs with Buffalo as Allen's backup. He can also be the towel boy.

Head ball washer

1 hour ago, Forward Progress said:

This will be fun to watch.  I like his determination to remold himself to find a place in the game.

It's kind of perfect if you think about it. He already has the blocking technique down. It's probably easier to learn to run routes and catch the ball than be an effective blocker. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but c'mon, that was THEN.

I wish they would bring back the "veteran combine" that they did a few years ago.    RB Michael Bush:  "4.91? You gotta' be ***** me!":lol:

It seems the wear and tear of a few years in the NFL trenches is not kind to track numbers..........whether you've lost some weight or not.

He never actually blocked anyone while playing OT for four years so he has little wear and tear and can probably still run. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

His agility times. Hes played the position in college. He had a decen run after catch on the video thats been shared. I think thats enough to cover a "bit"

He was an o-lineman in college.

Where is this video?

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I like this signing. We are going to run the crap out of the ball next year. Run, Run, Run, Play Action Bomb.

lol then we will end up as the 32nd or 31st ranked passing offense again and fans will wonder what went wrong

i really hope we throw 65% of the time next season. Allen needs every rep he can get. you don't develop a QB by running the ball 30+ times a game

6 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

lol then we will end up as the 32nd or 31st ranked passing offense again and fans will wonder what went wrong

i really hope we throw 65% of the time next season. Allen needs every rep he can get. you don't develop a QB by running the ball 30+ times a game

They didn't add all those receiving options in FA to just run the ball.

I could see him at 265-270# by camp. Just like Joe Thomas, once they're off the roids...

I'm good with this. I wanted the team to sign a cheap guy like Eric Tomlinson, who is a 6-6, 265 lbs tight end who re-signed with the Jets after they non tendered him. Fisher is a much better athlete, bigger, and has bigger upside for sure. Daboll did some fun stuff last year with unbalanced formations, so having a guy like this can add to the variety. Let's see what happens. I still think they should look into Maxx Williams and roll with 4 tight ends like the Ravens. 

I also do do not think this keeps them from drafting a guy high. Both Fisher and Croom are longshot projects who are on the opposite sides of styles. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown