Trading for Josh Rosen Is the Smartest Move a QB-Needy NFL Team Can Make

11 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Trading for Josh Rosen Is the Smartest Move a QB-Needy NFL Team Can Make

Agreed.

The problem is that if the Cards trade him before the draft, it's an absolute confirmation of what they want to do with their first pick.

Me, I guess that they're putting out so much smoke in hopes of a trade back. But if that's wrong, the Cards would need to make that trade after their first pick, and the other team would need to make it immediately afterwards so they can pivot if someone else makes the trade instead. There's a short window for it. 

But yeah, I think getting Rosen would really stand a great chance of paying off for someone and it would likely come relatively cheap.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what exactly has Putz Boy proven to warrant a high pick other than piss off his teammates with his "fine whine" about where he was picked?......the sniveling rich kid just doesn't get it.....HINT: rumored on the block after one year should tell you something......glad McBeane didn't take this worm on the hook.....

If being on the block after a year tells you anything, it's that the new coach's game plans don't fit Rosen's strengths and that new coach thinks Murray's strengths do.

And where is any evidence any Cards teammates were pissed off by his irritation about being pissed off he wasn't picked earlier? There is none.

12 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

These rumors are crazy.  Certainly a team wouldn't want to trade the "right Josh".

My thoughts exactly—QB needy teams like the Cards usually don’t dump 1st round assets after a throw away year do they? Unless they already know more about him than the rest of us in terms of issues/problems, which is certainly quite possible. 

12 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Realistically, if the price is a 3rd rounder like it's rumored to be, I'd bring him in here.  With Allen's play style, I'm worried about him missing games, Rosen would be on a cheap contract, worst case he's strictly the backup for 2 years and we flip him for something else.

My worry with that scenario would be the ego of this kid translating into a not so team friendly situation where he knows he’s relegated/banished into a backup role and lets everyone know how unhappy he his with his lot in life. Just don’t think it would go well.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I will be curious to see who he goes to and how much the Cards get for him.  It won't be a 1st rounder, much less a high one.

I think the consensus is that Rosen won't fetch more than a 3rd...man, the Cards are just a crappy franchise.

I agree with the premise of this thread, however.  If I'm a team in need of a starting QB I'd trade a 3rd for Rosen in a heartbeat.

15 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I still believe in Rosen and I really hope he doesn't end up in Miami.

I am begging the Dolphins , Please trade for Rosen. Do Not Wait. Offer 2 #1s

Sign him to a long term deal with lots of guaranteed money. Buy him a house. What ever it takes.

Get ur done....

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Miami is crazy to not get him, IMO.

Really? Why ?

Because he showed so much promise in  his rookie year ??

I know the Card’s offense was as bad as Bills maybe even worse, but at least J A was able move and ( make plays ) with his feet ,  J R on the other hand is nothing more the a glass statute,  and BTW I don’t see anyone  willing to give up even a 2 ND for him , 

Just like I said pre draft this guy will be out of the NFL before his rookie contract expires!

Sooooo glad we picked the right Josh !!!!!

Goooo Bills !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I am begging the Dolphins , Please trade for Rosen. Do Not Wait. Offer 2 #1s

Sign him to a long term deal with lots of guaranteed money. Buy him a house. What ever it takes.

Get ur done....

Yes! As I said elsewhere (in one of the many Josh Rosen posts--is it 2018 again?), I hope either NE or Miami wastes good draft capital on him, because he stinks. And, it would be fun to have three of the top four '18 QBs in the same division, so our pick can prove to all he was/is the best of them.

14 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

These rumors are crazy.  Certainly a team wouldn't want to trade the "right Josh".

Exactly this.  If the Cards really think Rosen will make a good NFL QB, they wouldn't even be considering drafting another QB this season  -- and every other NFL team will look at it the same way.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

I think the consensus is that Rosen won't fetch more than a 3rd...man, the Cards are just a crappy franchise.

I agree with the premise of this thread, however.  If I'm a team in need of a starting QB I'd trade a 3rd for Rosen in a heartbeat.

If I were in need of a QB, I'd do a deal for a 3rd rounder for him. 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

He shouldn't be.  BUT ... if the Dolphins are going into the season with Fitz as their guy, then yes - he should be.  If they bring in a rookie, or Rosen, I can't think of a better mentor than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Except the Fitz curse means whoever starts in front of him will get injured. Fitz is going to play one way or another.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Really? Why ?

Because he showed so much promise in  his rookie year ??

I know the Card’s offense was as bad as Bills maybe even worse, but at least J A was able move and ( make plays ) with his feet ,  J R on the other hand is nothing more the a glass statute,  and BTW I don’t see anyone  willing to give up even a 2 ND for him , 

Just like I said pre draft this guy will be out of the NFL before his rookie contract expires!

Sooooo glad we picked the right Josh !!!!!

Goooo Bills !!!!

I was actually thinking because Miami has no QB and that they have a fantastic mentor in Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think this is a no-brainer gamble to take.  Please, continue to ask questions like a pimple-faced, a-hole, high school kid and I'll continue to answer them like an adult.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:56 AM, Gugny said:

I was actually thinking because Miami has no QB and that they have a fantastic mentor in Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think this is a no-brainer gamble to take.  Please, continue to ask questions like a pimple-faced, a-hole, high school kid and I'll continue to answer them like an adult.

if I wanted to hear an as$h@0! I would have farted , 

On 3/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Realistically, if the price is a 3rd rounder like it's rumored to be, I'd bring him in here.  With Allen's play style, I'm worried about him missing games, Rosen would be on a cheap contract, worst case he's strictly the backup for 2 years and we flip him for something else.

If the Bills were to make such a trade (And I am not sure Rosen would go for anything less than a 2nd plus a late rounder) they would have Rosen's not so light contract (Rosen's contract looks great for a starting QB or an heir apparent but it would make him among the highest paid back up QB's in the league) on the books guaranteed for 3 seasons. 

I just don't see this organization giving up a high third round pick for a backup QB whose contract is guaranteed at a significant cost for 3 seasons. It also doesn't help that Rosen isn't the same kind of QB as Josh (Although Barkley isn't that mobile either to be fair.)

I think Rosen would be a good pickup for The Giants or any team needing a QB now or soon. I think a high second plus a sixth rounder should get it done. The Giants could easily give up their high second round pick and toss in a late round pick and then have picks 6 and 17 along with two third-round picks to build a team in other avenues. 

All my Giant fan friends want them to trade for Rosen and then draft DK with pick 6 and then turn around and draft a tackle pick 17 optimally trying to fill out the offense as best as possible as soon as possible then worry about the defense later when they have more cap space.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills were to make such a trade (And I am not sure Rosen would go for anything less than a 2nd plus a late rounder) they would have Rosen's not so light contract (Rosen's contract looks great for a starting QB or an heir apparent but it would make him among the highest paid back up QB's in the league) on the books guaranteed for 3 seasons. 

I just don't see this organization giving up a high third round pick for a backup QB whose contract is guaranteed at a significant cost for 3 seasons. It also doesn't help that Rosen isn't the same kind of QB as Josh (Although Barkley isn't that mobile either to be fair.)  

The Bills could have taken Rosen last year and didn’t.  They probably want even less to do with him now. 

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Rosen would be a good pickup for The Giants or any team needing a QB now or soon. I think a high second plus a sixth rounder should get it done. The Giants could easily give up their high second round pick and toss in a late round pick and then have picks 6 and 17 along with two third-round picks to build a team in other avenues. 

All my Giant fan friends want them to trade for Rosen and then draft DK with pick 6 and then turn around and draft a tackle pick 17 optimally trying to fill out the offense as best as possible as soon as possible then worry about the defense later when they have more cap space.

I understand reasons not to trade for him, the primary being potentially wrecking the development of our Josh.  But to claim he'd be one of the highest paid backups in the league is just wrong.  Trading for him means Arizona eats the cap hit on his bonus money and the acquiring team would be left paying him about $2 mil per year over the next 3 years.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, oldmanfan said:

I wanted Rosen.  Like Allen now more based on last year.  But Rosen will be a good QB in the league.

I dont disagree, but i dont get why people are poo pooing this. Im all in on the Allen fan wagon. I think fans have a right to be excited. Allen is fun for all the right reasons as discussed all over this forum. Same way Jets and Browns fans are taken w their rookie qb. For fans of these teams, the sky is the limit. That said, its tough to be real about it and step back. Outside if Baker, no one has really proved anything. Baker will need to follow last years season up as well. Lots of reason for optimism,  but passing judgment on any of these guys good or bad is still premature.  Its a ton of fun to be optimistic,  but lets not act like these guys futures are already carved in stone for better or worse. Rosen could change teams and come in and look like many Bills fans hoped he would look here in a few years - FQBish

Allen has flipped a lot of the pundits who were on the fence to admit he flashed potential but his detractors still arent fans. Darnold and Baker have Cowherd banging their drums and even he is guilty of acting too certian (fwiw, he is a tool - but he fits the bill). Nationally,  even guys in allens corner arent screaming his praise from the roof tops. Itll be a fun year and hopefully next yr Allen has the national love sam and baker have. But as of now, all the allen love is oretty region specific - and thats ok w me

Edited by gobills1212