Shaq Lawson 5th year option

Shaq Lawson 5th year option  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should we pick up the 5th year option for Shaq Lawson?

• Yes
    • No

18 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you think he considers himself more than a rotational player?  He may be happy where he is.  As for the Bills, they may be happy with his production and effort. Plus he is a known commodity who knows their scheme. For the right price its not a terrible idea.

Yes I do think that he believes he can be better than that.......confidence hasn't appeared to be lacking with Shaq.

But Shaq was not very dedicated to his craft his first couple of years in the NFL............he basically admitted that last offseason and perhaps the Bills hurrying out to sign a LDE to a big contract provided enough push to get him to work a bit harder...........but knowing that he isn't inherently self-motivated I don't think you want to take away that free agency carrot.

There is a chance that going balls-out to justify a new contract will lead to Shaq maturing and turning into a much better player.     I think picking up his option or offering to extend him sends the wrong message at this point.      

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Frankly I would trade him if you can get a 4/5 that could be packaged into a higher pick in a trade.

My guess is that he and Zay are both up for auction if someone wants to give up a pick in that range.

They would be good values for teams that already have high quality and just want some good depth that still has some upside...........but teams clutch those draft picks pretty tight.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:16 PM, Misterbluesky said:

For a 19th overall pick, he shouldn't still be in a developing stage...but last year was his best.

He had Rex as a HC.

15 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

12.7 mil for 1 year Shaw Lawson. Hell no

Yes but what do you think we should do with Shaq.

No, and I don’t think he will get it either. If they didn’t do it for Sammy, I can’t see them doing it for Shaq, though it does seem that Shaq doesn’t have the attitude problems that Sammy had.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

No, and I don’t think he will get it either. If they didn’t do it for Sammy, I can’t see them doing it for Shaq, though it does seem that Shaq doesn’t have the attitude problems that Sammy had.

Shaq still has one foot in Clemson.   Flies out after Bills home games to spend Sunday nights and Mondays there during a season that's only 4 months long.:doh:   Just hasn't become a real pro yet.  

He will either grow up and become a focused professional with free agency looming or he will probably be tryna' sign with Carolina so he can continue the Wooderson act.